Featured Map

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Custom Game

Featured Map, Non featured map.

Does the featured map be host by blizzard? So I don't have to host to play it other wise i do?

I think so but not positive anyone know for sure?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I don't know.. I guess you could figure it out buy un-forwarding your ports and disabling your hosting (possible.. does sc2 even use the same ports as wc3?)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
All of the maps on the custom game list are actually just groups of maps of the same type and setting. If a game in the group is hosted you will join it, if there are none with room it will try and make you host it. Featured, as I understand it, just means that its most popular.

I could be mistaken, but thats how it seems to work.

In other words, whether you have to host or not is not related to being featured.

rover2341

Reaction score
That clears things up. Apparently I can host then. With warcraft 3 I couldn't, as I am behind a school network. But apparently with starcraft 2 I can host.

I will test this theory latter as I have a friend who will try and join a game I host.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I think it might be that all of the maps are hosted on a blizzard server, regardless of if you are the "host" in the pre-game room or not, one indicator would be that if the "host" leaves, then another person is promoted to "host" of that game

rover2341

Reaction score
With that theory. I will have no Idea if I can host, Or If blizzard is hosting it.

But If i cant host. Ill know Blizzard isnt and That I cant. So Ill test it tomorrow when my friend gets on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.