Firefox Blocker?!

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
It seems some people want to block Firefox users from viewing their websites, because of an app called "AdBlock-Plus"

full article: here

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
who ever hates ad's sai "I"

I! dude, what sane person who does not like add's not try to block them? thats not communism, it's logic. If the people you are working for don't like ad's then they will try and give you the option for them. I use Opera, but it has something like it. I mean, I'm sure everyone wants to be payed for there work, but i am sure that everyone else does not want to pay as well. *there are some things you are willing to pay for reasons that be*

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Their loss.
If someone is stupid enough to block my browser because I don't want to burden my connection with his ads then I better not see his site anyway.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
1. Go to about:config.
2. Change general.useragent.extra.firefox to something else than Firefox.
3. Realize that the content of the only site that blocks firefox for above reason is mostly filled with blog posts about how great he is that he blocks firefox.
4. Change general.useragent.extra.firefox back to default.

Meh, if you have the luxury to decide what people visit your site then I really thought that the content must be something extraordinary.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
1. Go to about:config.
2. Change general.useragent.extra.firefox to something else than Firefox.
3. Realize that the content of the only site that blocks firefox for above reason is mostly filled with blog posts about how great he is that he blocks firefox.
4. Change general.useragent.extra.firefox back to default.

Meh, if you have the luxury to decide what people visit your site then I really thought that the content must be something extraordinary.

Lol. Or you could just skip all that and not bother even goin to the loser that blocks firefox users' site. I use ABP and I love it. Specially you go to sites that MASS popups and nasty ads, its SOOOOOOOO helpful.

Reaction score
Yeah some sites are just gay with ads, like dating ads or some half naked girls on some flash banner blinking in my face. Thats when Adblock comes in and just blocks all that stuff so my mom doesnt walk in and get the wrong idea...like last time =P

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Ads really suck, and I agree with MeRcChRis, lol >_<

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems some people want to block Firefox users from viewing their websites, because of an app called "AdBlock-Plus"

full article: here

Great.

Now the people who come on your site are all guaranteed (are they?) to see your ads.

But you get less people visiting anyway so...

Pretty much pointless if you ask me :rolleyes:

And who honestly wants less users visiting their website?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Their loss.
If someone is stupid enough to block my browser because I don't want to burden my connection with his ads then I better not see his site anyway.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Lol. Or you could just skip all that and not bother even goin to the loser that blocks firefox users' site. I use ABP and I love it. Specially you go to sites that MASS popups and nasty ads, its SOOOOOOOO helpful.

What is ABP? xD

Yeah some sites are just gay with ads, like dating ads or some half naked girls on some flash banner blinking in my face. Thats when Adblock comes in and just blocks all that stuff so my mom doesnt walk in and get the wrong idea...like last time =P

Omg, I can't agree more. Same here. :D

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
>What is ABP? xD

Ad Block Plus
it is a freeware add-on for firefox that stops you from looking at ads

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.