Other Fist of Guthix

lord dakoth

Reaction score
For all you people who have played Runescape, most of you are probably familiar with the Fist of Guthix minigame. How many of you would enjoy a map that had similar rules?

For those of you who have not played Fist of Guthix, the rules are pretty simple: There are two people playing against each other: the Hunter, and the Hunted. The Hunter's goal is pretty straightforward: Kill the Hunted in as little time as possible. The Hunted is trying to gather as much "charge" as possible and evade the Hunter. The Hunted can gather charge by picking up a "Stone of Guthix" item. The Hunted can gather charge faster by being closer to the center of the arena, but is easier to find towards the middle. After either the hunted is killed or the time limit runs out, the players switch roles. Whoever has the most charge at the end is declared the winner.

I would also include features such as teleporting gates/items, healing items for the Hunted, ect.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Sounds nice. Maybe not Runescape based and sharing the same name, but the idea is simple. It'd need to be expanded on in a gameplay sense, but it would make for a nice game. Maybe having teams or doing rotations would be a good idea. :)

lord dakoth

Reaction score
any amazingly good suggestions? i want to make the game more complex than the actual Fist of Guthix minigame, as it will need to keep players' attention for longer than 10 minutes.

I think that the tileset should be Outland, though.

Tothumn

Reaction score
good idea^^
but i dont really know that new minigame and i think a castle wars arena minigame can be better in w3

131ackout

> I think that the tileset should be Outland, though.

I'd go with Felwood, because it looks same as the Fist of Guthix in Runescape tileset, but I never played it before. I seen my brother played it before, and was awesome. XD

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Idea: Make it for a maximum of 12 players and it goes like this... 1 is haunted by 2, which is haunted by 3, which is haunted by 4 ... 12, which is haunted by 1. Of course, not necesarilly like this, you can make it to be random or something, but the idea would be that, at the same time, the player is hunter and prey.

And btw haunted means harassed by ghosts... :rolleyes:.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
^^ Interesting idea... i'll definitely think about that. I'll work on it as soon as i finish the other... 3 maps i'm currently working on...:rolleyes:

DiDdY

Reaction score
May I suggest if you are going to steal the idea (even though I think it'd probably work brilliantly well) you contact Jaggex first?

I mean, you are kind of ripping their copyright.

Anyway, good luck, seems like this could be quite fun, especially if you added abilities to the Hunter and Hunted.

131ackout

Yeah, they do. but, we mostly don't know.. :(

Offtopic: my runescape name is Captialized :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
quite frankly, i think as long as you dont make money off of someone's ideas, they have no right to sue you

so theres no need in asking permission, just credit them on your map for the original idea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.