'Flame Thrower' range 5/6

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hi There,

I changed the name of a firebat into 'Flame Thrower' and gave it range 6
But the flames won't reach the enemy while attacking, but it still deals damage

Can somebody tell me what's goin on here?
If I change the range of the stalker, it all works fine

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
That is because the flames model is not scaled. The easiest way to solve this would be to increase the scale of the Firebat Attack Flame and Firebat Attack Flame (Bunker) models. You should be able to just get away with increasing the Y value of the scale.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
thanks Dave, but what I actually want is that the fire 'moves' to the impact location and not show up once a whole line, the hellions got the same problem

Dave312

Reaction score
So you want the fire to behave like a projectile (a missile)? In that case you will need to create a new weapon entirely based off a missile weapon.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Do you still want it to deal damage to all units in the path? is that what you mean?

Also, you will have find a new model for the missile, the model wont work very good for a missile.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I just want to make the fire deals damage as soon as it hits targets, is that such a problem to create? :) :)

X-maul

Reaction score
well, yes - the current version of the firebat attack damages all units in a line in front of it, instantly. You want a missile that flies out towards a target and deals damage to all units it hits on it's way.

Those are two completely different weapons.

That being said, it's not impossible. I'm not the right person to ask, as I'm nnot that experienced with the data editor yet. But maybe Dave312 or Siritu will be able to help with this :)

X-maul

Reaction score
I don't wanna create a missile but a fireball
A gunshot, a magic sphere, a fireball or a rocket are all missiles. It's the type of unit in the data editor. The effect named "Launch missile will launch a missile, and no matter what model the unit got, it will be considered a missile ;)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
so the spore crawler has also missiles and not slime balls?
I thought missile turrets shooting missiles or rocket soldiers

Excuse me for that if I got it wrong

Dave312

Reaction score
Yes. In SC2, the term "Missile" refers to a projectile, regardless of what it looks like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.