Floating text follow unit

Septimus

Reaction score
How to make floating text follow unit ? Cause everytime I try to set the floating text follow the unit. It always stay at where it was.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Floating Text - Change the position of (Last created floating text) to (Position of (Triggering Unit)) with Z offset 10.00

Try to use this action, if that doesn't work try this

Floating Text - Change the position of (Last created floating text) to (Triggering unit) with Z offset 10.00

If that doesn't work, try his suggestion.

Septimus

Reaction score
Like every 0.10 seconds of game time renew them?

Floating Text - Change the position of (Last created floating text) to (Position of (Triggering Unit)) with Z offset 10.00

Try to use this action, if that doesn't work try this

Floating Text - Change the position of (Last created floating text) to (Triggering unit) with Z offset 10.00

If that doesn't work, try his suggestion.

I'd reccomend every .03 seconds of game time for 33fps (i use this in my map wispwarz)

No, this is not a good decision. I had seen a map having such a function and it lag drastically.

I had seen a map where floating text really does follow a unit, but it was protected so I cannot see a single thing about the trigger.

Anybody know any alternate way of making floating text follow unit ?

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
You've tested and mod-reviewed my map wisp warz. If you updated the review to the most recent version you will see there is 0 lag (at least in terms of the floating text)

quraji

zap
Reaction score
The way suggested is the proper way to do it..

Create the text, set it to a variable, then move it with a periodic trigger or timer. A low period (.01 - .04) looks best and will not lag. Any slower than that and it starts to noticeably stutter in it's movement (as far as I remember).

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
.04 will stutter, but it depends on the speed of the unit really. my map that uses this (wispwarz) has camera follow trigger and 0.03 is on the edge.. i'd reccomend .02 if ur following with cam and u have fast ms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.