Floating Text Help

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey, I have played a number of games in which floating text is used to display damage. Now, I'm using Weeps damage detection system and have got the trigger working properly but, I have one problem.
How do I make the floating text float away and disapear?

I have seen this done in many maps and have tried the 'Set lifespan of floating text' and 'set fade age of floating text' actions but they have done nothing. How is this done?

TY and +rep to all who help

Rushhour

Reaction score
And to move the text use:
Set velocity of Last created Floating text to (speed about 100 will be fine) towards 90 degrees (thats north)

Hildagarn

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Soul cleanse heal
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Soul Cleanse ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + (Real((Intelligence of Casting1[16] (Include bonuses)))))
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Intelligence of Casting1[16] (Include bonuses)))) + ((( + (Name of (Owner of Casting1[16]))) + ))) above (Picked unit) with Z offset 5.00, using font size 9.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 100.00 towards 145.00 degrees
          • -------- - --------
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.40 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.65 seconds

Here's a trigger that has floating text in it, it moves at an angle, then fades away

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.