Forum Enhancements

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
Did you enter 29040 ? If you did, leave it so and reboot your computer. Just remember, each time you change a setting in DR TCP, you must reboot your computer for the settings to take. Turning off your modem for 30 seconds is a good idea too sometimes. Are you pressing "Save" after you change any settings ?

Now that you changed your TCP Receive Window and Enabled TimeStamping, try another tweak test and speed test. Also try logging on Battle.net and tell me your ping.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
How are your pings on Battle.net ?

Set your TCP Receive Window to 29040, press save then reboot.

B

BarbForLife

sorry i was away installing diablo 2, ok 29040 right? let me do that right away you still there?

1st edit: my ping on be net is 350s...

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Yes I am. Try going on Battle.net after changing your TCP Receive Window and rebooting. Also post another speed test and tweak test.

B

BarbForLife

doesn't work... it says using rwin 7300 to 20440 what do i do?

1st edit: i had my time stamping on but it keeps telling me that i don't have my time stamping on!!!

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Try setting your RWIN to 10000 and see if there is any improvements in your download speeds. As for TimeStamping, we might have to enable it manually. I will get back to you in a few minutes.

In the Tweak Test results, is it still recommending TimeStamping ? If it is not, then just ignore it. Please post an updated Tweak Test.
Also try both USEast and USWest on Battle.net. Delete the bncache.dat file in your Diablo II folder and follow these steps.

Click on Start then Run
Type "regedit" and click OK
Click on the + icon beside the "HKey_Local_Machine" branch
Click on the + icon beside the "Software" branch
Select the "Battle.net" branch and press the delete key
Click on the + icon beside the "HKey_Current_User" branch
Click on the + icon beside the "Software" branch
Select the "Battle.net" branch and press the delete key

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
How is your connection set-up ? Is the External modem connected directly to the phone jack with the supplied wire your ISP gave you ?

B

BarbForLife

my operating system is win 98 SE and my connection set up as

phone jack -> phone like -> external modem -> some network line looks like cat 5 -> NIC

1st edit: still couldn't get my download speed up

2nd edit: i take that back, download speed have imporved, no that much

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
What color is the wire connecting your external modem and the phone jack ? Did the technician supply it or did you buy it yourself ?

B

BarbForLife

phone jack is mounted on the wall when we bought the house, phone line we bought our self, it's pretty expensive, i picked a good one since it's for internet use only, the color? it's a standard phone line

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
The problem might be your inside wiring. How old is your house ? Have the telephone wires ever been touched ? The quality of the wires in your home can affect your speeds. As for that wire connecting the external modem and the phone jack, make sure it is the best one in your situation. You might want to call tech support and see what they can do. You could also post in DSL Report's Verizon Forum and people who know your ISP better might be able to help you further than me. Different ISP's means different situations. I'll get back to you tommorow.

B

BarbForLife

when you gets back to me besure to tell me how to activate time stamp manully, thanks

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
Several things:

1. both speed test and tweak have limits as to how often you can run them from 1 ISP so may time an hour or so. If you exceed them you will have to wait a bit before running them again

2 Unplug the power to your DSL modem (clicking on the on off switch does not remove power to you modem), count to 10 and replug it in.

3. what other equipment do you have connected to the phone lines. Do they have DSL filters on them.

4. Run DRTCP set your RWIN to 260000 save and restart you computer. Now run tweak test and then set your RWIN to the maximum suggested in the test, restart your computer and run another speed test.

5. Disconnect the phone line to your modem and pick up a phone, click any single number, is hte line clear, non-staticky, no music on the line? Disconnect everything but your computer to the phone line and rerun speed test. If you get acceptable results try hooking the disconnnected devices one at a time, sto see if you can locate the device that is causing your problem.

6. Goto http://www.speedguide.net and download the TCP/IP Optimizer. Install it and run it. click on the Max MTU tab, click on start and set your MTU to the suggested setting.

B

BarbForLife

B

BarbForLife

also i don't like how my windows look like now

for example, when i double clicked My Computer, there is a big computer icon at the most top left corner, and then a long black thin line extends all the way to the most righ top of my screen, close to the computer icon there is the word My Computer in baby blue

how can i restore it back to normal? for example, not as big my computer icon at top left corner, not most top left, and the rain bow colored line not as long as extends all the way across teh screen

G

Grimlock

hah, when we got the second phone line put in, my connection speed got worse.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.