Forum Questions

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I am wondering if people can -rep other people for any of the below.
Double post, suggest a solution that dont works, if a person dk what is leaks, ask for +rep, personally vendetta<<< meaning the you -rep another person and the person -rep you back.
Then is there any solution to stop these people from -rep?? like report them??

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you could -rep a habitual double poster...

i would recommend you don't -rep for a solution that doesn't work... they are just trying to help you...

at one point, you didn't know what leaks were to...

if they ask for +rep, i believe it is against the forum rules.. not sure..

report the habitual -reppers to Romek or other Mod... if that doesn't work, turn off your Reputation for a while...

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
A habit is like... something you often do. Not by choice, you just can't help it. Such as "a habit of always turning up late" -- actually, you can help that. It's just something you regularly do.

So a habitual poster would be someone who often makes unecessary double posts.

suggest a solution that dont works

I occassionally post untested solutions. So it depends I guess. Not sure o_O

ask for +rep

Generally I'd just ignore that, but if they make a issue out of it, I'd rather just -rep them.

personally vendetta<<< meaning the you -rep another person and the person -rep you back.

Is the -rep justified? If not I'd rather just PM them, most case is some person who only gives out a little -1 rep.

Then is there any solution to stop these people from -rep?? like report them??

If you think you recieved a -rep that you didn't deserve, PM them. There you can decide your opinion on them.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I got -rep 3 times from a person because of double post, suggest a solution that dont work and because i -rep him because he ask for reps
So i should report him directly??
Or other solution??

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Why are you so touchy/petty?
The Chinese call this 'xiao qi gui' and that's if they're being kind.

A neg rep is a neg rep.
Does it harm you physically, socially or mentally?

If the answer is 'yes' to any of the above, I recommend you visit the nearest self-esteem aid group and register yourself.

Ugh, I'm annoyed.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Faltzer :) said:
A reputation system only serves as a way for people to boost their ego and downrate the people who make posts they don't like, regardless of how contributory it is

Faltzer :) said:
If you base your opinion on a member off of what the others think, then you're obviously not that much of a quality person yourself either. Who is who can easily be determined by reading posts or checking posting history manually. You can see who is nice, polite, kissass, pussyfooty and everything in between just by reading their posts. You don't need repbars to tell you if a member is good; bias is abundant in these systems constantly, and it is very easy to make a game or a popularity contest out of. If you have a problem with what a member is posting, then just tell him. If you want to compliment someone on the helpful, then compliment them for it. There's nothing stopping you from any of that.

tl;dr: You don't need little bars to show who is who. Simply reading their posts tells them if they're helpful or not

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
@Sine:

* Saying this because i got my Signature *

:(

@Habit

I got a Habit.
I got a clock, telling precisly time, and when my friends says the clock is 10 am, i say actually 10.02 am. <3

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Just for fun... Not much of a reason. It's sort of a stereotypical scale to measure a person's reputation. Don't take it to heart. Besides, it says you have "Positive Rep +10", so you're good.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I suppose got 14 reps because of unreasonable people i got 10.
I am thinking for everyone, if unreasonable people continue to -rep then, those that have negative reps cannot rep people who helped them
And how do you see other people reps??

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Rotfl. You serious boy?

reputation_pos.gif

Not gonna get far if you care 'bout REP that much. Those problems are theres, not ours.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
The only reason I got that personal message there is because I somehow, in between my trolly tendencies, helped some people who decided to have fun.

But honestly, I don't see anything wrong with the system.
I also don't really see anything with neg rep.

Honestly.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
When people stop caring about REP. It will be. Infact, if everyone had no REP, REP didn't exist. What would you do to see "Who is good or bad?" without REP?

How do I disable REP of myself :D

Dasmaster

Reaction score
OH i can answer that because iv seen it happen... and i can tell you that when an "regular" user is annoying/bad his or her reputation proceeds him (depending on how interlinked the user community is) :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.