Spellpack Frosty Spellpack

turok255

Reaction score
Okay sence there are alot of ice spells out there :rolleyes: I only could think of a couple ice spells, but if you guys got an idea (any thing involving ice thats not stupid) i'll think about it and add it into my spellpack :D Now for the spells.
==========================================================
Hail
Import difficulty: medium
Tooltip: Rains down chunks of ice on target area dealing 5 damage a second X the level of this ability damage in an area
Hail2.jpg

Hail.jpg

==========================================================
Ice Storm
Import diffuculty medium
Tooltip: Tons of ice comes crashing though the Frost Lich's enemies dealing massive damae per second.
IceStorm.jpg

IceStorm2.jpg

Well, thats my ice spellpack :D Heres the map,

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Is it leak proof?
MUI?

Post those stuff...

Looks good from screen shots will test later though..

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Woah, those are amazing spells. By the look of the screenshots, I would definately play your game. :D Make sure they are leak free and work well. I have an idea but I dunno if it is that advanced:
Glacier Shield:
Creates X amount of glaciers that surround the unit and protect him from harm. Any unit that touches the glacier will be frozen for X seconds and have X damage dealt to them. If a glacier is touched, the glacier will go away and leave an empty space for the enemy to get in. Lasts X seconds.
Sorry for so many variables in the amounts, but with your triggering skills, I bet you can create this in a sinch. I dunno if it is stupid or not, so if it is, please say so. :cool:

For the "Hail" Ability, it is good, but sometimes the Lich doesn't do any animations except once and the Lich also couldn't move when he did that, but I dunno if that always happens. For the "Ice Storm" ability, it is great and the effects are outstanding. Great job on both of them! +rep

btw: The abilities sometimes cause lag, but it is ok... =P

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Estel3

Reaction score
Your dummy casters have shadows and pathing. When I would cast the ice barrage thing, I wouldn't be able to move back because all these little shadows were blocking me. But cool spells, the Storm one was a little weird though, with all the special effects (ice, tornadoes and the little blood effect).

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I don't get it, it freezes you then disappears? lol

Lol... I meant that if you touch the frozen block, it will freeze you, create a frozen buff, then go away... Thus leaving a big hole in the forcefield.. the downside.... This was used in Rulerofiron's cinematic: "Rage", it created a bunch of glaciers around the hero, and then it chased the unit and froze him then went away... I know, it is kinda confusing, I just made it up off the top of my head.. :nuts:
btw: The forcefield ability doesn't chase the unit though.... =/

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yup, ability 1 is based on cluster rockets and number 2 is based on Stampede, it oddly has blood effects, or is that on purpose... :nuts:

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
The blood in the stampede ability is actually a field you set and a model. Just find the model part that has the stampede blood, and remove the model so it has none (or you could use the frost nova one, that would be neat)

So, I'm assuming, it doesn't actually rain down. You just make it seem like that since you casted it on a hill ;)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yea, the abilities are tight, but leave your hero so vulnerable, and from the hail, he can barely move so he becomes trapped. I got revived like 10 times... :D

turok255

Reaction score
BUMP im baaaaaack! :D

Ok Im having prolems ATM with my new comp and can't install TFT as soon as i fix it (Prolly saturday) I will fix the spells asap :D as far as the ice shield.. I might be able to do it but it will take some work (Im not that good with triggers i've got alot to learn yet)

Coming Soon

Volkof

Reaction score
Well i have an ice spell:

Freeze Execution
When the Crystal Angel cast this spell, burst of ice will shoot out from all around her, dealling damage and freezing the enemy in their position.

Code:
How is it done:
1)Base the spell on War Stomp or Thunder Clap that does nothing
2)Create a dummy spell called Frozen Path that is based on Impale
3)When Crystal Angel cast Freeze Execution, create a dummy facing her angle, then another dummy facing 10 degree of the previous dummy unit. Do this until the Hero is surrounded by dummy units facing outwards
4)Add Frozen Path to the dummy units
5)Order them to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale  !!!

Thats that :)

turok255

Reaction score
Bump aight, Blood is minor and I can't find any way to remove it (think its hardcoded into stampede :rolleyes:)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Leaky...
Hail_CasterPoint, Hail_TargetPoint and IceStorm_CasterPosition need to be removed at some point.
Those repeated action in Ice Storm can be put in a loop.
You need some implementation instructions (which dummy units are needed, which triggers are used etc.)

turok255

Reaction score
Up dated the Map with all the suggestions (Not the new spells, because I'll try to do it later)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
The Hail ability looks very nice with all these custom effects. Nice to see that you have desided to create such abilities they could inspire me. Really it is again one (Hail) original ability what I have seen for awhile.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.