fsgui help

Asdfblah1

Reaction score
Just about given up on such an easy task. I was trying to make the system linked below to have all units owned by a certain player to share the same inventory. Currently, units all have their own unique inventory.

http://zibada.ru/fsgui/ (I had to remove comments to make triggers fit here)

For example:
Red's Hero A -> Red Inventory
Red's Hero B -> Red Inventory
Blue's Hero A -> Blue Inventory

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Too bad. You use those I2XX functions. It is bad when u misused it, I cun even wonder how it could be. The worse place is u used GAMECACHE. Gamecache is a history in Jass...
You can have other system instead of gamecache since they are faster than gamecache over 300%, have more slot to store(gamecache only 256), more user friendly, why not?
It no need to use I2XX, you just store it as handle and convert it back by H2XX. It is faster and safer.

Asdfblah1

Reaction score
Should probably note that I didn't write it...Anyways I figured out how to do it.

The stock save functions and whatnot I won't be using. Rest assured, there will be no evil gamecache.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Gamecache is a history in Jass...
Lies. Look at Table.

>slot to store(gamecache only 256)
Wrong. There is a max of 256 game caches, but there is no realistic limit as to how much you can store.

>faster than gamecache over 300%
Seems like a bit of an inflated percentage. Game cache is pretty fast now, for some odd reason.

>It no need to use I2XX
The only part of this block of pseudoenglish I can agree with.

It can be hard to make the script into a good one. Modifying code can be harder than writing it from scratch.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with using gamecache. ( Altought, there are better methods for stuff like timers and units. )

Gamecache has no limits, its just little bit slower than most other systems. And gamecache does not have any 256 slot limit or anything like that.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Only those history chaser use gamecache as main storing. Speed : I tested kattana's LHV.
It's speed is only 80~90 executions per ms, but ABC or HSAS or other have 350 over executions per ms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.