Get Player's Camera Target

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
is there a way to get a specific player's "camera target"? I noticed that the point "target of current camera" has no parameters whatsoever. Because of my inability to host i could not test if this BJ would work in a multiplayer environment so if this dose what i want automatically i have no idea. So this is for those who can host ant test. (or have already experimented)

Because it has no parameters whatsoever i think that it only works in single player and that the only way in making it work in multiplayer is though locals, which i will request further aid on.

To sum i up, i want to know
Target of current camera (its a point) works in multiplayer (yes / no)
If no
How to get Target of current camera to work in multiplayer

btw... please someone look at this im pissed off at how most people that post here get almost instant help while almost all the threads i post get little to no attention, am i just unlucky or do people just like ignoring me. Or hell, am i just posting in the wrong place???

canons200

Reaction score
do you mean the camera distance? if so each player can have different camara distance via trigger.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
target of current camera is a point, that has nothing to do with camera distance
I am not trying to change the camera distance for the players
I am trying to get the "target of current camera" for each player
because there is no way in gui to isolate a player (as target of current camera has no way of telling which point belongs to which player) I am here asking for assistance

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmmm can you guys tell me how exactly to use "get local player"?

and the desync link you have wont work for me tells me "server not found" (almost instanly)... but everything else still works

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
GetLocalPlayer won't help you here.

What you need to do is sync the camera values. Syncing is delayed, however, so this is not something you should do periodically.

This is why camera magic isn't done often at all.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
"camera magic"?

If its not something i should do periodically, then what should i do?

(im trying to make a responsive arrow key system, because arrows move the camera instantly i thought that it might be good to use the player's camera as a base instead of using the event player pushes arrow key)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.