System Ghost form Revival

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This system makes a ghost at revival place and places a corpse at the dying position you have to walk to your corpse with the ghost to ressurect
(It's the same as the World of Warcraft Reviving system)

Hope that says enough anyways look at the map and if you see any problems or bugs or whatever lemme know

Codes:
Initialization
Code:
GhostInit
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Heroes[1] = Demon Hunter
        Set Heroes_Ghost[1] = Demon Hunter (Ghost)

Hero Dies -> Ghost
Code:
HeroDie
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Hide (Dying unit)
        Set DyingUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Dying unit)
        Set DyingPos[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Position of (Dying unit))
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at DyingPos[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] facing (Facing of (Dying unit)) degrees
        Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
        Set Corpse[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created unit)
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Dying unit)) emitting Visibility from DyingPos[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] to a radius of 500.00
        Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s death animation
        Wait 10.00 seconds
        Set RessPos = (Position of Circle of Power (medium) 0011 <gen>)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Heroes[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Heroes_Ghost[(Integer A)] for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at RessPos facing Default building facing degrees
                    Else - Actions
        Set GhostForm[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created unit)
        Selection - Clear selection for (Owner of (Dying unit))
        Selection - Add GhostForm[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] to selection for (Owner of (Dying unit))
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_RessPos)
        Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for (Owner of (Dying unit)) over 0.00 seconds
        Trigger - Add to HeroRess <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 500.00 of DyingUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))])

Unit in range -> Ress
Code:
HeroRess
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Triggering unit) Equal to GhostForm[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Set GhostPos = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at GhostPos using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
                        Hero - Instantly revive DyingUnit[(Integer A)] at GhostPos, Show revival graphics
                        Unit - Remove Corpse[(Integer A)] from the game
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_GhostPos)
                    Else - Actions

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

P.S. Yea i know that there are sytems of this, but whatever :p

Attachments

• GhostRes_TestMap.w3x
    19.8 KB · Views: 168

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay dude, first of all it doesnt work and i think know why:

Code:
HeroDie
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (([B]Matching unit[/B]) is A Hero) Equal to True

WHY did you make that as matching unit? WHY? :p

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
1) Post code, many people either (a) don't feel like opening WE or (b) don't have WE on the computer they are currently using, so they can't look at the code

2) Is there any major advantage to using this over any other particular system that does the same thing?

3) Describe your system a little more please, your current 'description' is extremely vague

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay dude, first of all it doesnt work and i think know why:

Code:
HeroDie
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (([B]Matching unit[/B]) is A Hero) Equal to True

WHY did you make that as matching unit? WHY? :p

lol! meeeh......fixed

1) Post code, many people either (a) don't feel like opening WE or (b) don't have WE on the computer they are currently using, so they can't look at the code

2) Is there any major advantage to using this over any other particular system that does the same thing?

3) Describe your system a little more please, your current 'description' is extremely vague

1) done
2) I have no idea, because the reason i made this one is because i couldn't fine any (yes i do know that there are some out there, but i couldn't find them
3) Edited the description a bit, if you still don't know what it is then i'm sure you don't need it ;)

Cheers for replies

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I just tried the map, and here is some comments. I really like the idea, but the system is kindda slobby. If you made it more smooth and cooler effects or something, Maybe better description like. "Use the ghost to find and revive your hero!" :thup:

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
        Set RessPos = (Position of Circle of Power (medium) 0011 <gen>)

What if I don't have that in my map. Try to avoid using pre-placed units...

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, this is one part of the submission rules for systems:

No pre-placed objects and preset functions, such as Player 1 (Red) and Peasant 0000 <gen>. Use (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and (Triggering unit) instead.

So this system will not have any chance whatsoever to even smell an approval until you find an alternative for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.