RPG God RPG - Betrayal

Tiranasta

Reaction score
God RPG - Betrayal, currently under production by ShadowNasta Productions (which at this time pretty much just means myself and Shadowz123), is a single player RPG based on Ancient Greek mythology.
Hades has betrayed the other Gods, and, forbidden to war among themselves, the gods turn to a mortal to champion their cause.

The player takes on the role of Kyrus, the Champion of the Gods, and must make his way through the city of Athens, striking down the forces of Hades that occupy the city. Kyrus' journey will take him to an ancient shrine of Hades, and ultimately to the Underworld itself.

Always behind Kyrus are his four followers, Tyren, Hira, Aurus and Matyus. The player can take advantage of these loyal soldiers by giving them orders. The player cannot, however, directly control these followers. Instead, the player can use a set of commands (such as 'Heal us', which commands the recipient of the command to disengage from the battle, stand back and start healing) to effectively utilise these followers.

There are four available difficulty settings in God RPG. These are:

Recruit (Easy, for the somewhat... challenged)
Soldier (Normal, recommended for most new players)
Hero (Hard, recommended for skilled players)
Champion (Insane, extremely difficult)

This is the new alpha 0.20 version of God RPG. It is a HUGE improvement over the previous version. Note that I do not advise selecting the 'Recruit' difficulty, as it is in all honesty so easy that it is boring.

Note also that the first one to complete the alpha on champion difficulty without cheating and upload the replay of it (which means that you cannot save in game, or else you cannot save the replay) will be included in the credits (for proving that it's possible) as well as having an appearance as an enemy unit in the fight with Hades.

The latest version (alpha 0.22b) can be downloaded here:
http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=11202

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

Attachments

• Ouch....JPG
    Ouch....JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Ouch.JPG
    Ouch.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 328
  • Hell Destroyer.JPG
    Hell Destroyer.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Strike of the Champion.JPG
    Strike of the Champion.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 294
  • God of the Underworld.JPG
    God of the Underworld.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 320
  • The First Boss.JPG
    The First Boss.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 331

Tiranasta

Reaction score
Are there any areas in particular that you feel need work?

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
No, everything looks great and from the screenshots the cinematic looks well made too.

Shadowz123

Reaction score
Hehe, I did work hard on the Terrain.
But its weird how you said That it needs Improving, yet saying that The Screenshots look good and the Cinematic looks well-made. :p

Is there any part you Find Bad?

Shadowz123
ShadowNasta Productions

Tiranasta

Reaction score
We are currently working on version alpha 0.25, which will contain the following major changes (as well as a few minor changes):

1. The new AI system (allowing you to issue commands like the example in the original post).
2. A complete overhaul of the 'invasion of Athens' section, as well as the Thanatos encounter that follows it. This overhaul includes far superior terrain being made for that area of Athens.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
The terrain isnt good at all. A rpg needs very good terrain to have people like playing it. If this is not going to be a "OmgAUVD I beaten the Bosss and nov i Gåt 2000 agi strzz and intz omg rofl lawl ahah i pwns" game...?

Tiranasta

Reaction score
It's a story based linear RPG (although we might have some semi-linear sections). In what sections do you feel the terrain needs work?

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I will give you some examples:

-The last screen: Look at the corner of the upper wall. It misses a part.
-The ground isn't (As I can see) lowered or increased anywhere expect the cinematic.
-You need more natural doodads.
-The burning houses are normal you should make the destroyd.
-The ground texture under the houses are unaffected by the flames.
-There is only houses and walls + a gate. Try add more doodads to make it more like a city.

THAT was the last screen, I think you can see the rest ater what I have said here at all the others.

The two cinematic's are good.

Tiranasta

Reaction score
It doesn't miss a part, the wall ends there, there's a gate in between. The screenshot just doesn't show it. The others are valid points though. I appreciate your suggestions and shall ensure that Shadowz123 reads them.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

Tiranasta

Reaction score
We have decided that all of Athens is to be reterrained for version alpha 0.25.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I wanted to see more players. Singleplayer RPG isn't as much fun. :p

As everyone else said: The terrain wasn't very good. -Especially not in the city. It was much too flat and needs a lot more doodads.
Another thing about the terrain that bothered me was that it was all very 'staked out', like rooms. In the woods where you meet the captain it was some bushes that formed walls. In the city there were walls.

At some point (in the beginning of the game, right before completing the Captain's "challenge") a Neutral Creep was spawned in the Middle of the Map, and started using Flame Strikes around me. -The unit could be spotted on the minimap.

It was quite annoying to be handed all spells and not allowed to level them up and so on. (Which is the whole point of an RPG, if you ask me.)
I'm guessing that this will be fixed in a later version, though?

I didn't have a clue what to do against that giant Pit Lord monster that spawned in the city. I believe I should've done something with that catapult but nothing happened. :p

The story was great, though. :thup:
The cinematic wasn't bad either, but it had a few flaws. (I believe I saw a few typos, and sometimes the text went away too fast - before I had finished reading.) Most of the camera action during cinematic was great, though.

Tiranasta

Reaction score
I wanted to see more players. Singleplayer RPG isn't as much fun. :p

As everyone else said: The terrain wasn't very good. -Especially not in the city. It was much too flat and needs a lot more doodads.
Another thing about the terrain that bothered me was that it was all very 'staked out', like rooms. In the woods where you meet the captain it was some bushes that formed walls. In the city there were walls.

At some point (in the beginning of the game, right before completing the Captain's "challenge") a Neutral Creep was spawned in the Middle of the Map, and started using Flame Strikes around me. -The unit could be spotted on the minimap.

It was quite annoying to be handed all spells and not allowed to level them up and so on. (Which is the whole point of an RPG, if you ask me.)
I'm guessing that this will be fixed in a later version, though?

I didn't have a clue what to do against that giant Pit Lord monster that spawned in the city. I believe I should've done something with that catapult but nothing happened. :p

The story was great, though. :thup:
The cinematic wasn't bad either, but it had a few flaws. (I believe I saw a few typos, and sometimes the text went away too fast - before I had finished reading.) Most of the camera action during cinematic was great, though.

Thanks for the feedback. If you attempt to use the blade thrower, Thanatos just stuns you. You have to first get him to 65% HP (at which point he will say 'ugh' and be stunned for a reasonable period of time), and then use the blade thrower while he's stunned. Be quick about it though, because if you let his stun wear off, he will cast a several thousand damage flame strike spell that cannot be avoided and can be cast over any distance. Needless to say, you would die.

As for abilities, new abilities will be added during development, and many will not be accessible at the start, so you will have your wish.

I am aware of the creep camp icon and intend to make it not so obvious (as well as making sure that the dummy units are actually cleaned up). I will certainly ensure that they do not appear on the minimap.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't have time to try it, but why are there walls in front of the houses?

Also, I have an idea, you should make a multiplayer version, in which everythings harder BUT 4 other players control Tyren, Hira, Aurus and Matyus.

Tiranasta

Reaction score
A multiplayer version is not an option - from alpha 0.25 onwards the RPG shall be a campaign.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

Tiranasta

Reaction score
This is how the AI system is going to work: At the top of the map are four 'command' units, that is, units containing the AI commands of each follower. Note that these units cannot be seen on the minimap, and can not be seen at all even with iseedeadpeople active. The only way to select them is through triggers. In order to select them, you simply click on the follower you wish to command and press the 'esc' key. I will also advise that the player binds each command unit to one of the numerical keys.
The command buildings will have the following five abilities, with the 'Q', 'W', 'E', 'R' and 'T' hotkeys respectively:

'Fight Normally': Commands the follower to fight normally, that is, the same way they do in the current release.

'Conserve Mana': Commands the follower to continue to fight but not to cast any spells.

'Heal Us': Commands the follower to disengage from combat, stand back and start throwing out healing spells. Healing spells cast in this 'mode' have a reduced mana cost.

'Heal Me': Commands the follower to disengage from combat, stand back and start throwing out healing spells where neccessary. The difference between this and 'Heal Us' is that the follower will ignore the other followers in this case and only heal Kyrus.

'Stay Here': Commands the follower to remain at his location until otherwise ordered. Note that triggers that move the follower will still do so.

It is my hope that this system will add a new element to God RPG. This system will be present in the next version (alpha 0.25), which we hope to release in a few days.

Tiranasta
ShadowNasta Productions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.