Gory, Torture, Sick and Twisted horror movies

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Because people like me enjoy them, for the most part. What is your definition of gory, torture, sick and twisted? Do you mean all horror movies in general or the ones like Saw and Hostel where there is pretty much no story and all about gore

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I feel Saw has storyline though. Hostel is just pure mindless gore...
They exist to satisfy people desires that cannot be legally fulfilled in true life.
Also, it's a form of art.

Some mindless movies can be quite boring and ridiculous. But the meaningful ones are really awesome.
Tarantino movies are great. And so is the Saw franchise, imho.

Then again, some no-brainer gore movies can be cool sometimes. Lucio Fulci... :D

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Saw's story line is so ridiculously complicated though, you need to follow all movies and pay attention, something quite a few horror fans don't want to do for 7 movies.
I'd suggest Martyrs, it has torture and is a foreign film with subtitles, but it is awesome. Has a great story and truly surprised me.
If you want pure mindless gore watch A Serbian Film.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Faces of Death. The king of the old school gross. Rent it if you are into gore. The goriest I have seen recently is Resevoir Dogs and Hostel. Those were pretty brutal. I do not normally watch gross stuff but those I got tricked into getting into....

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you make this thread for the sole purpose of whining about movie genres you dont like?
I dont like them either but you have to accept that some do enjoy those movies and they are free to do so.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Martyr was a good one. Enjoyed it (the storyline though, not the pain). :)
Reservoir Dogs was just awesome too. :D

> what's so enjoyable to watch this?
As mentioned, it's just personal interest. For me, it's just amusing to wonder how the scenes were actually made... And of course it involves art. Then again, I'm not into movie making, I'm not sure what kind of criteria the movie makers are into.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Movies like Martyrs I find fascinating. It has extreme torture and gore, but does so to show you how hopeless the situation is and uses it to further the story. Movies like Hostel and Saw I watch more for a laugh and to kill time because I am intrigued by the various machines and ways they torture people. The various methods are just so creative sometimes it's interesting

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.