Guitar Hero in Warcraft

L.Star

Reaction score
I started my new project Guitar Hero in Warcraft,
I wasnt online on the forum few days,i was studying those triggers...

So i started with the map guitar hero...
i would be needing any help i can get, i would give rep anyone who helps me.

Cheers

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So... what do you need help in?
How are you going to do it?
Will it be multiplayer?
Will it have songs? (Might be a big 'uh oh' if it's multiplayer.)
More info (a lot more) please.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
More than one song will be a problem if it's multi-player. Hell, one song can still lag on multi-player.

Your biggest Nemesis in this project will probably syncing all of the notes.

Rhythm games are not common in Warcraft because it's so hard to make them.

Streamline is the only functional Rhythm game I remember seeing in warcraft.

Either way, good luck :).

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> More than one song will be a problem if it's multi-player. Hell, one song can still lag on multi-player.

Lag? No, doubt it, the problem with songs is that they take a lot of memory, making it very easy to go over the 4mb limit. I suggest making something like that only for single player.

As Esb said, how about giving a bit more information?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
personally i dont think its a good idea, not to bash or anything, but how can you possibly make it fun. i mean unless im missing something it seems like youll just be hitting 5 keys over and over again. at least guitar hero has a guitar controller which is what makes it so fun. and its multiplayer which is clearly a problem for your map. once again i dont mean to bash :D

esb

Reaction score
Well, you could make it more complex, such as make spellbooks, with different keys inside.
So you have Spellbook1 and Spellbook2, each with abilities (Hotkeys) Q,W,E, and R.
You have to press the hotkey of the spellbook THEN press the hotkey of the ability inside. There should be a difference of Spellbook1 and 2, even though the hotkeys are the same. Might make it harder.

I think that was confusing, hope you understand me.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
this could be done over months:rolleyes: and even if you did finish it early it would be only for like one song(map) well if you want to go on with it i suppose heres a few ideas to make it fun.

pick up ya wireless keyboard and hold it like a guitar and you have to hold 1,2,3,4 or 5 then press enter to strum. Really to think about that, it sounds fun to play guitar hero with a keyboard.:D

maybe get (or make) some models of like the human paladin with a guitar or just get the model of Arthas when he has his guitar on the last cinematic on Warcraft 3 ROC and just put them on the side of the screen. Id suggest doing only one song each map to keep lag low. This could be possible on multiplayer but you would need to compress the map and all the imports and only have one song for each map. Good luck with your map!:D

esb

Reaction score
It would be nice if a song was Power of the Horde

You can also have different... "notes" for the same song, maybe Novice, Groupie, and Rockstar (Random names :p)

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Only 1 song?

Then make it entirely complete and make v1.0 = 1 song v2.0 = 1 song and so on.

T

the2875

Make peasants go over numbered circles of power, and the player has to select a peasant when hes on a circle of power to hit a note. If not, minus points from their score...that seems easy enough, but syncing music with peasants....hard stuff

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
An idea , everybody has a dummy unti capable of casting warstomp or something that will kill the "notes" and make the notes give bounty and that can be points.

Make the hotkey of the skill like whatever so when they press it warstomp goes off and if you hit the note you get "points for it" IMO this should be single player.

esb

Reaction score
What about holding a note? Or having to cast it repeatedly? Yeah... It might be hard to make this system.

T

the2875

Maybe for holding a note there could be repeated units very close together

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.