US News Hawaii: Lot owner stunned to find $500K home accidentally built on her lot. Now she’s being sued

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A woman is headed to court after a Hawaii construction company built a half-million-dollar house on the wrong property, The Associated Press reported.

Annaleine Reynolds says she was shocked to find a home built on a lot she purchased in Puna, Hawaii, and told Hawaii News Now that she doesn’t want the house there and has had to deal with problems like higher taxes and squatters.

Reynolds said she purchased a lot in 2018 at a county tax auction for about $22,500. She had intended to use the land for meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

Reynolds was planning how to use the property when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, keeping her in California.

While in California, the lot was bulldozed, and a house was built there. Reynolds knew nothing about the three-bedroom, two-bath home, now valued at $500,000, being built, she said.

She found out about the home when she got a call last year from a real estate broker.

“He told me, ‘I just sold the house, and it happens to be on your property. So, we need to resolve this,’” Reynolds said. “And I was like, what? Are you kidding me?”

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.