"Help Menus" and "Unit Upgrades"

zephyr

Reaction score
Only have 2 problems so far, and I've searched the forum and everywhere else in the internet to find a solution...unsuccessfully.
I even tried the general chat in Starcraft 2's Battle.net. Don't go there unless you feel like losing some IQ.

Anyway, my first problem is the help menu. I've seen custom games where people have edited the information listed here, and I can't seem to figure out how.

Secondly, I'm adding custom units to my map. I'm making them use already-existent upgrades from the existing structures (i.e. engineering bay), however, the problem here is that it takes SO long to add the new units information to the upgrade. JUST for the armor upgrade, you need to add "Unit - Life armor add 1" "Unit - Life armor level add 1" and and Actor for the armor icon ON the unit...which takes 10 seconds to load a very large and confusing list of icons to pick from. For the weapon upgrade this is even more complicated and tedious. Is there a short cut for this or am I going to have to change these 9 fields for each of the 30+ units I'm adding?

Then, when adding an upgrade to a building that wasn't there before (Example: adding the ability to research Wraith Cloak at a star port tech lab), I can get the ability to work, but I can't make it disappear after you've researched it. I tinkered around with the requirements Show>Not functions and it didn't seem to work.

Edit: Also...a new problem has arisen after testing out a few things. It appears that units disappear when going up and down ramps (but only on the ramps themselves) and then reappear at the top. Upon self investigation, I realize that if I went to place a unit (in the editor) on the ramp or the raised terrain, it simply disappeared from my mouse cursor, but I could still place it. Can someone let me know how to fix this? I've looked around and couldn't find a solution for this either.

zephyr

Reaction score
I've managed to figure out the problem I was having with the upgrade buttons disappearing but I'm still having terrain issues and am still hoping ther emight be a shortcut for the damage/armor upgrade additions I mentioned. Can't anyone assist?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.