Help, Unique problem here!

U

Unregistered

I installed Battlefield 1942 + road to rome, both v1.45 on my computer today, my specs are 2.4 GHz Celeron, 128 GeForce4 MX4000, 256 ddr ram. I am using windows 98 second edition in this particular pc. Now my problem is the game won't run. No not like the others whereas they see a loading screen and a flicker and back to Desktop, in my case after I double click (or click and press enter) the desktop shortcut (and the actual application in the install directory) a "busy" pointer appears as if to load something then reverts back into the regular pointer as if nothing happened, no game load, no log input, no errors, no trace of an application ever running on the task manager.. for a lack of a better term the game simply won't load. Can someone help me please.

2evil

Reaction score
lastr time i checked, windows 98 wouldnt even install on a machine ove 2ghz. i tried it with a 2.4 celeron a while ago and kept getting errors so that may be part of the problem

U

Unregistered

everything fine now.

Hi, original poster here, you can delete this thread now coz I figured out what's the problem. I had a glitchy, dusty, very old cd-rom . All i did was buy a new one and BF1942 ran great with everything toned down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.