Help with a destructibles related trigger

Holla.

Reaction score
Okeydokes. Im still asking about these couple triggers
I have 3 spells i need to trigger. One: I need to trigger breath of fire to kill trees. Two: I need to trigger Shockwave to kill trees.
And three, which i have attempted and you can go from there: an imoolation spell that targets trees.

Heres the immolation spell:
Trigger:
  • Immolation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Learning Hero)
      • (Unit-type of (Learning Hero)) Equal to Infernal Str
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 10.00))
          • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked destructible)) using Environment\LargeBuildingFire\LargeBuildingFire2.mdl)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 15.00))
              • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked destructible)) using Environment\LargeBuildingFire\LargeBuildingFire2.mdl)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 20.00))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 25.00))

And this:
Trigger:
  • Immo timer
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run Immolation <gen> (checking conditions)

I dont know what to do from here, im stuck.

I would also like help with the shockwave and breath of fire abilities as i have no idea how to do them.
Thanks

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
in the immolation ability, can't you just set the targets allowed to "trees"
so then, all you need the trigger is for the special effects, and also your trigger has few memory leaks!

Holla.

Reaction score
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

firstly, of course i tried setting it to hurt trees, but apparently only a couple spells work with that. Flamestrike, kahboom, that kind of stuff.

and whats a memory leak! HELP dont just tell me whats wrong!

Oh yeah, i forgot about Destroying the special effects. But i dont know how to impliment them anyway..

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
its pretty simple.
each second you run your first trigger checking conditions.

as we can see the conditions on your second trigger are:
Trigger:
  • (<span style="color: Red">Triggering unit</span>) Equal to (Learning Hero)
    • (Unit-type of (<span style="color: Red">Learning Hero</span>)) Equal to Infernal Str

there aint any triggering unit nor a learning hero. conditions are not met. trigger wont run.

Edit: these are memory leaks.

jig7c

Reaction score
i'll help...

but if you set immolation to target trees, it won't hurt them? try that

Trigger:
  • Immolation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to Infernal Str
      • Ability being cast equal to Immolation
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 1
          • Then - Actions
            • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
            • Set DestGroup = Destructible within 200.00 of (Point)
            • Destructible - Pick every destructible in DestGroup and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 10.00))
            • Destructible - Pick every destructible in DestGroup and do
              • Set Point2 = Position of Picked Destructible
            • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point2 using Environment\LargeBuildingFire\LargeBuildingFire2.mdl)
            • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Else - Actions
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)
      • Custom Script: call DestroyGroup (udg_DestGroup) (not sure on this one)

make all the if/then/else look like that!
and make each if/then/else separate, don't add it after the Else Action....

make variables your friend, use them... i have 3 variables in the trigger,
2 are Point variables and other is a destrutible group!

i don't have world editor on this computer, so its hard for me to do the exact trigger

Holla.

Reaction score
@jig: I dont actually know what you did

@accname: Yeah i thought it was to do with that but heres the thing, i dont know how to make it work, or how to do the event. The event is the problem

jig7c

Reaction score
@jig: I dont actually know what you did

@accname: Yeah i thought it was to do with that but heres the thing, i dont know how to make it work, or how to do the event. The event is the problem

i was still editing your trigger! :cool:

Holla.

Reaction score
so can someone show me how to put it all together and have it actually do something?

jig7c

Reaction score
i already did in the previous trigger!
and did you try setting the target to trees only in the immolation ability!

here is the full trigger!
Trigger:
  • <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_5">
    • <li class="lastopen"><span class="default">Immolation</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="open"><span class="events">Events</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="unit">Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="open"><span class="conditions">Conditions</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="default">(Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to Infernal Str</span></li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">Ability being cast equal to Immolation</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="lastopen"><span class="actions">Actions</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="set">Set Point = (Position of (Triggering Unit))</span></li>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="set">Set DestGroup = Destructible within 200.00 of (Point)</span></li>
    • <li class="open"><span class="destructible">Destructible - Pick every destructible in DestGroup and do</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="set">Set Point2 = Position of Picked Destructible</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">Trigger - Run Immolation2 (ignoring conditions)</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>
    • <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_6">
    • <li class="lastopen"><span class="default">Immolation2</span>
    • <ul>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="conditions">Conditions</span></li>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="open"><span class="if">If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="open"><span class="if">If - Conditions</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">(Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 1</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="open"><span class="ifthen">Then - Actions</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="destructible">Destructible - Pick every destructible in DestGroup and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 10.00))</span></li>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="specialeffect">Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point2 using Environment\LargeBuildingFire\LargeBuildingFire2.mdl)</span></li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="specialeffect">Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="ifelse">Else - Actions</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="open"><span class="if">If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)</span>
    • <ul>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">(Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 2</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="destructible">Destructible - Pick every destructible in DestGroup and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 15.00))</span></li>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="specialeffect">Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point2 using Environment\LargeBuildingFire\LargeBuildingFire2.mdl)</span></li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="specialeffect">Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <ul>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">(Level of |cffb22222Immolation|r (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 3</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="destructible">Destructible - Pick every destructible in DestGroup and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - 20.00))</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="default">Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)</span></li>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="default">Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)</span></li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">Custom Script: call DestroyGroup (udg_DestGroup) (not sure on this one)</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>
    • <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_7">
    • <li class="lastopen"><span class="default">Immolation3</span>
    • <ul>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">A unit stops the effect of an ability</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <li class="open"><span class="conditions">Conditions</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="tree"><span class="default">Ability being cast Immolation</span></li>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">(Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to Infernal Str</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">Trigger - Turn off &amp;lt;Immolation2&amp;gt;</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>
    • let me ask you this, can you turn immolation on/off?
    • Edit: Leave immolation2 trigger initially on, but not enabled!

millz-

Reaction score
Dude, didn't you check your previous thread? I've already posted a demo map with all 3 spells working. Only thing was, I coded the Breath of Fire in JASS, because it's a pain to do all the calculations in GUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.