Help with ability like haunt

Nina

Reaction score
I'm trying to re-create the haunt ability like in the dota map in my map. When a hero uses haunt it creates 1 illusion/enemy hero and moves it to them instantly and makes it attack the enemy. when the hero has learned haunt he also automatic learns "reality" if the hero uses that spell on an illusion he instantly replaces the illusion with him.

I made a spell based on feral spirit creating 1 dummy unit wich has locust and item illusion ability. I tried to make a trigger but i have no clue of how to order my dummy unit to cast item illusion on the unit that summoned him. I don't even got a clue how to order a unit to cast any spell. I hope someone can help me. If I got that I think I know how to move them to the heroes and use the reality like spell to replace them. Thanks allready!

soulreaping

Reaction score
Code:
Unit - Order Unit1 to <Order> Unit2

Important note: If you have a custom ability, you must know what it was based on in order to order a unit to use it.

For example if you have an ability based on Storm Bolt, the code will be:

Code:
Unit - Order Unit1 to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Unit2

About ordering using an item, I think it's only possible to order a hero to use item, not a unit.

If it helps, this is the code:
Code:
Hero - Order Hero1 to use <Item> on Unit

Nina

Reaction score
its not an item but the ability its the only one I can use for this is I think Item Illusion and it isnt in the list of that spell:S

soulreaping

Reaction score
Well, you can change Item ability field into "False" and then add it to a dummy unit and order it to cast it.

Never tried it though.

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
make a dummy-hero and give him an item which has your ability, than order the dummy-hero to use that item ...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
but u need 2 make the order in jass since it's not available on the Gui list of spells

JASS:
Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetPickUnit())

that's the line you want i think.. instead of "order last created unit to (item) wand of illusion picked unit)

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
there is a gui-action, which orders heros to use items on units ...

but your jass script probably allows a dummy caster to use the ability directly, without using items, so I thin its the better option ...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.