Help with lowering armor

Undead Me

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Right now I'm making a unit for one of my games which is supposed to decline in usefulness over time. Basically whenever it wins a fight it loses 2.5 attack and 1.5 armor. I did the attack reduction very easily, using a semi-dummy spell based off command aura. It starts off at level 1, giving 0 bonus, then it levels up every time he wins, each level gives -10% more attack (He has 25 attack, so that means -2.5 per level)
The problem came with the armor, because as I found out, the item armor bonus cannot be made to give a negative amount.
That left me with a bit of a problem because all the other abilities that could easily lower armor (Devotion Aura, Roar, Inner Fire, Faerie Fire, etc.) are used by at least one other unit already in some form.
How can I steadily lower armor without the use of one of those abilities?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Maybe you can try it using a Faerie Fire with the duration of 0. As i know, an ability with the duration of 0 means an infinitive effect. Set its target to ally, set its mana cost to 0, cast range to 9999, add it to a dummy unit. Create a dummy unit at the position of the "caster", order it to cast it on the "caster" and add a timed life to the dummy.

EDIT: no, no, wait. You can use the Devotion Aura. Set it's bonus to negative, and it will reduce the winner's armor instead of increasing.

naughty

Reaction score
This is really easy. Just set to world editor's preferences to allow negative values and you can set negative values to auras and get your effect.

Undead Me

Reaction score
No its not that simple, I have it set to allow negative values already. I can set them in some fields, but the armor from item armor bonus does not allow it.

I would like to use fairy fire, but I'm worried about hwo that would interact with another piece that has a fairy fire type spell.

naughty

Reaction score
It is very simple. Try holding shift and then click twice on that field where you wanna change values. Then it will allow you to set negative values.

Undead Me

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that, thanks a lot! You just solved something like half the world editor problems I ever had.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.