help with victory conditions plz

bboykonjo

Reaction score
How come whenever i start my map, it automatically says: Player 1 and Computer(Insane) were defeated. Even tho I already deleted the trigger in Melee Initialization: Enforce Victory/defeat conditions(all players)

I don't have any peasants or town halls in the game, only a starting hero.

How do i set the game so that if a certain player gets 15 kills he wins???
If you want to ask to test my map just say so.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Upload the map, that is quite strange.

SanKakU

Reaction score
you can use an integer array variable and update it each time a kill is made.

at that time, check to see if the integer is 15 or greater, if so, then run the victory conditions.

the array can be [playernumber].

sounds like you need GetOwningPlayer(GetKillingUnit()) btw.

bboykonjo

Reaction score

could plz give me the trigger code to change the victory conditions to the no. of kills(preferably at 15) instead of the normal warcraft victory condition???

Coz i really suck at coding triggers, i just started using the worldeditor about a week ago

plz;););););););););)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Victory at 15 kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] + 1
      • If Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] Greater than 14 then do (Game - Victory (Owner of (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)

Problem is, that still won't fix your problem concerning the auto-victory at the beginning. Are you sure you really removed the melee initialization trigger? Try restarting the World Editor.

bboykonjo

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Victory at 15 kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] + 1
      • If Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] Greater than 14 then do (Game - Victory (Owner of (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)

Problem is, that still won't fix your problem concerning the auto-victory at the beginning. Are you sure you really removed the melee initialization trigger? Try restarting the World Editor.
wait a min....

where do u find this part:

Trigger:
  • <b><u><span style="color: Yellow">If Kills[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] Greater than 14 then do (Game - Victory (Owner of (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)</span></u></b>

is this part under conditions or actions..

im so newwb, im very sorry for wating ur time.

tnx

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
scenario > map options > game data set = standing on default or meelee map?
i think it should be default

SanKakU

Reaction score
daxtreme, i think in your example you forgot to use KillingUnit...

scenario > map options > game data set = standing on default or meelee map?
i think it should be default

no...always use melee(latest patch). never use default.

i never found good reason to use it...i always found bugs with default like frost wyrms having piercing damage like from ROC...you only want to use default if you're making a Reign Of Chaos map...

if you want to make ROC map...you will probably be limiting what you can do with the map...not too sure but the expansion has a lot of new stuff opened up for possibilities in map making. if your map is default game data set, then you're gonna have bugs with roc features in your tft map. for one thing, the taverns won't work...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> daxtreme, i think in your example you forgot to use KillingUnit...

Yup. bboykonjo, use (Killing unit) instead of (Triggering unit) in my example above.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.