Helpful Feature for the World Editor Help Zone

I

i-SCREAM

If this site had this feature, everything would be so much easier and less confusing. I was thinking that somewhere in WE zone, there should be a Trigger Editor. Hopefully an exact replica of the Trigger Editor in WE. This way when members are replying to a question involving WE, but dont have WE currently with them or are just sick of opening WE, they can go to the Trigger Editor at this site. It would also help with members being more precise in their posts. For instance, Ozzdog said:
Events - Unit enter region

Conditions - Unit has a mechanicle classification

Action - Unit - set life to 100%

With this Trigger Editor nearby, Ozzdog could simply go to the Trigger Editor, find the precise actions he is talking about, and paste them. Then, the person who asked the question, could more easily find the events, conditions, and actions if they were new to WE.
The newly revised trigger:
Code:
Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Entering unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Set life of (Entering unit) to 100.00%
I'll understand if this might be too hard to add right now, but perhaps sometime in the future?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Or they can go to the WE Trigger Editor they have from the game, make the trigger and copy it as text :)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I agree it would be a great thing to add, because I myself find myself in the position where I don't want to search for the disk just to answer a question.

BUT, still, I would venture a guess that it would be a pretty hard thing to accomplish, to have an exact replica on the TheHelper. It would be GREAT, and I'm sure it would make people post more detailed posts, because they can no longer say "I didn't want to open the editor" or "I couldn't find the disk".

Not only that, but wouldn't there be a conflict in copying the Trigger Editor, and Blizzard owning the rights to it? I don't know how it works, but doing this would mean contacting Blizzard, I believe.

It would be a great thing, but is it worth the trouble? I don't know... though someone with more experience would. I am a doorknob when it comes to this stuff :rolleyes:

Well, kudos for the idea, though if only some of the members would step up and keep the disk at ready, like the case being in the desk dwarer or something.

Anyways, have a nice day! :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ya know what we COULD do... Have someone make a program that ACTS like a trigger editor. Maybe get it hosted online somewhere, too. That way we all have it as a resource, without having to "add" it to the site :)

Then again, if TH hosted it, it'd be the same thing :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
From what it sounds like, it basically has to emulate the capabilities of the WE Trigger Editor... You'd need all the event/condition/action options. Capable of copying as text... Etc. etc.

I

i-SCREAM

Cool. :D
Okay, since it would be hard to copy the Trigger Editor exactly, we could chop it up into pieces. I'm not exactly sure where you would place it, maybe in the area where replying? Anyways, the Trigger Editor would fit in with the Quote, Code, HTML, PHP, etc. icons. I'm not sure what the icons will be, but we'll need three. One for events, one for conditions, and one for actions. Once clicking on Events, a drop down will appear showing Destructible, Dialog, Game, Player, Time, and Unit (All of the event types). Then whilst scrolling over one of these event types, all of the events for that type will appear. So when scrolling over Destructible - "Destructible - Destructible Dies," and "Destructible - A Destructible within Region Dies" will appear. Next, the person will click on one of those events, let's say "Destructible - Destructible Dies," and a small pop-up will appear (Like for giving reputation). The pop-up will then say "Destructible - Destructible Dies" with Destructible in red. Now, the person will click on Destructible and a drop down will appear listing all of the presets and a typeable box. The person will either type something in the box that will represent a destructible or use the preset, which I guess is "No Destructible" for that particular event. Following up will be the finalized product of the event, which is "Destructible - No destructible dies". Lastly, the person will just copy the event and paste it. This goes with conditions and actions. If you're really up for it DDRtists, it will probably take you forever. This is just the way I thought the Trigger Editor could be set up. It'd be awesome if you could do this! <3

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Haha, I'm going to give it a stab. I'm going to do it in JavaScript, as that would be the easiest way for what you guys want. :)

I'm going to have to install Warcraft again, lol.

Oh Noes, I can't find WC. Is there anywhere that has a list of Actions/Events. My friend has my discs, I need to get them back. :p

I

i-SCREAM

Noo! I looked for a list, but couldn't find one. Anyways, you would have to have the whole WE Trigger Editor because you need to know all the presets and stuff, a list wouldn't do the job.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Okay, I'm still going to work on this, just i have to get the discs first :(

V

Vector

Nah man, you just use an XML file... should be able to do the recursive stuff and everything. I haven't got my member title as Resident Actionscript Guru for nothing :p

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it simply be a list of events, conditions, and actions that arrange in a similar way to the editor?

I'm curious b/c I have an interest in programming and would like to know basically how you are going about this...

V

Vector

There's a bit more to it than that.

The trigger list would best be made with a tree, that is one of those lists that can indent (basically what the editor has).

That way, particular values can be assigned to each trigger "child". If the child is a particular value, then it can do particular things. If it has the value of "event" then you can add events to it. If it has the value of "RealVariable" then you can pick a real variable out of a list.

The longest, not nessecarily hardest, part about this whole thing will be compiling the list of all of the events, conditions, and actions. I may need help with that at some stage later on if I get this off the ground. :)

--Vector

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.