Hero ability level skip help

S

Scroller

Hey guys. As you all know, when the standard WC3 hero gains a level, it can increase the level of an ability. After that, it must level again to increase the level of that ability as the ability gets unhighlighted. What I want to know is how to prevent the level skip and allow the hero the freely increase the level of his ability without increaseing a level.
+rep for any assistance which helps.

Metaldrummer

Reaction score
In the gameplay constants, there is an option called Hero Abilities Level Skip (Default). Set it to 1 to remove this requirement.

S

Scroller

I did that and it did not work.
Edit: Which is rather odd.

Metaldrummer

Reaction score
It worked when I just did it. It may not have edited properly if you didn't have Use Custom Gameplay Constants checked.

If you changed the "Stats - Level Skip Requirement" in the Object Editor to something other than one, it will not be effected by the gameplay constant.

EDIT: Unless you mean increasing an ability without leveling at all. That would have to be done by editing how many ability points the hero has.

S

Scroller

Nope still not working. If I leave the gameplay constant at1 the hero must level 1 more time to increase the same skill.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Did you have "Use Custom Gameplay Constants" at the top of Gameplay Constants checked?
The "Hero Abilities Level Skip (Default)" should be set to one.
And in Object Editor when editing the abilities, make sure to leave "Stats - Level Skip Requirement" at 0.

EDIT @Metaldrummer and CaptDeath: He means this:
Say he has Warden and levels Shadow Strike as his first skill.
Instead of having to wait until hero level 3 to level his Shadow Strike to level 2, he wants it so when he hits hero level 2 he can level Shadow Strike to level 2.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Also, make the ability level requirement(not skip, just level req) set to 0.. I'd imagine that would take care of it anyways.. Or use a trigger to either level up the ability or add skill points to the hero.

Also, you can try setting the gameplay constant to 0, instead of 1.. Thus, there is no skip at all.. Goodluck!

P.S: Ooo, oo! What if you set the skip req to -1? It's an integer though, isn't it? Scrap that idea!

S

Scroller

Say he has Warden and levels Shadow Strike as his first skill.
Instead of having to wait until hero level 3 to level his Shadow Strike to level 2, he wants it so when he hits hero level 2 he can level Shadow Strike to level 2
No, thats not what I mean. What I mean is say I give a hero 3 skill points when he is level 1. Then, at level 1 the hero can use those skill points to increase an ability 3 times.
Edit: Sorry for not being very clear guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.