Hero Class Ideas needed...

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Hello...

I've been map making for a long time and i made a lot of changes but I only have 1 hero. :D
Basically, i have a support hero, Priest, a common one yes? But I want uncommon ones. Hero classes that you dont see on any map.

Examples of Common ones:
Priest - common supporter
Paladin - Support tanker
Barbarian - DPS tanker
Ranger/Archer - Ranged DPS

Samples of uncommon ones that Ive thought of:
Templar - can take the role of tanker/DPS/support in exchange of reduced damage/life/mana/armor/etc..
Channeler - has channeling spells that supports or weakens enemies in exchange of very low life.

I need uncommon ideas of hero classes like above.
TIA. :)

EDIT:
BTW, my map is like a combination of impossible bosses and a castle defense with RPG elements.. :p

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
No assassin?
Summoner - Summons creatures to help support and defence allies
Aura Guy - Supports by giving allies different auras
Necromancer - Summons from corpses and has evil magic

Archideas

Reaction score
Necron
Entropic Adversary

icons_552_btn.jpg

Originated from one of the many black holes found in outer space,
Necron somehow found his way to Earth where he now resides.
Specializes in weakening his enemies before finishing them off;
either killing them completely or turning them to minions.

icons_654_btn.jpg

Life's Requiem

Necron places an ancient curse upon an area, draining any enemy units life force overtime. Every 100 health drained restores 25 health and mana for Necron himself.

Level 1 - Saps 100 health over 4 seconds. Small area of effect.
Level 2 - Saps 145 health over 4 seconds. Medium area of effect.
Level 3 - Saps 190 health over 4 seconds. Large area of effect.

icons_660_btn.jpg

Dirge

Transforms any enemy unit with 15% or less health to a minion. It's health and damage is determined by their maximum health.

Level 1 - Spawns a Voidcaller with 80% of its max health, 15% is converted to its damage.
Level 2 - Spawns a Voidwraith with 85% of its max health, 20% is converted to its damage.
Level 3 - Spawns a Voidwalker with 90% of its max health, 25% is converted to its damage.

Just as an example. I can work on his two other spells if you like him.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Prophet - mage with some "mind" skills (example of a "mind" skill would be teleport or telekinesis)
Elementalist - also a mage that controls elements of fire, water, earth...
Metamorph - a hero that changes forms (from tank to DPS for example)

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Alakazam - Curse master, low maxhp (int ofc)(dmgpersec, -armor/base dmg, sleep, control-enemy-hero for 3-6 sec)
Tree Spirit - heavy tank, mid dps (physical dmg taken reduction, armor aura, cut-off tree for weapon[+some damage for limited attacks], mirror shield[every attack {magic/physical} is reflected back to foes])
Black hole - non element object(slow movement and dmg per 2-4 sec, gather'n'damage heroes, hide(WE command) unit for 2-4 sec, and change base stat[int/str/agi] with else abilities modification [for slow when agi/str less mana cost,a little more slow)

SafeFail

Reaction score
I believe I started getting lazy with the details as I went down the list of classes. But whatever works, works.

Reaver
Role: Melee DPS

The Reaver is a fierce warrior, specialized overpowering his opponents before they get a chance to react. Reavers also are able to take down groups of enemies quickly, as well as healing themselves to supplement their damage intake. Their abilities include a variety of strike-based attacks, most of which are able to devastate and demoralize the enemy. Reavers can choose to use two-handed weapons or dual-wield one-handed weapons.

Avenger

The Avenger is a sworn vessel of the Light, although more specficially, its vengeance. Avengers are specialized to retaliating the abilities of the enemy, for self-protection and the protection of others, and recieve increased strength through the Light when near death or when an ally falls in combat. Their abilities include the vengeful powers of the Light, which can be activated upon special events, as well as close-combat abilities. Avengers can choose to use two-handed weapons or a one-handed weapon and a shield.

Plunderer

The Plunderer is an infamous thief, capable of ransacking resources and crippling enemy lines. Plunderers, regardless of their rural nature, can assist their allies by sharing their greed as well. Thier abilities primarily focus on earning extra loot upon killing targets and hindering enemy advancement. Plunderers can choose to use one-handed weapons or dual-wield one-handed weapons.

Spiritualist
Role: Healer

The Spiritualist is an embodiment of souls, souls that grant these powerful casters their incantations. Spiritualists mend the wounds of the injured and reassemble torn souls, causing immediate renewed strength and morale. Although Spiritualists do not dedicate themselves to pure combat, they have a few abilities of which can protect themselves from harm, as well as potent soul power to heal others and their selves in need.

Reaper
Role: Spellcaster DPS

The Reaper is wandering death, stealing souls to invoke their corruptive spells. Reapers retrieve souls from the recently killed, stripping their essences and converting them into dark matter. This dark matter is used to fuel a Reaper's abilities, which vary from flaying the enemy's mind to reanimating the dead. As a Reaper steals more souls, his or her power gradually increases when left unused and may consume them when near death.

NuQ

Reaction score
Call it something like a "Ravager." Insect-like creature who's primary function is to disrupt the enemy and consume them, changing them into minions.

First and primary ability would be like a kodo's "Consume." Only once it finishes consuming the unit, it produces a minion. The strength of the minion would be determined by the amount of hitpoints that were consumed. 1-100 hitpoints = smal unit or perhaps like 2 spiderlings. 100+ = larger unit, etc. The spell will have 3 levels, each level increases the rate of digestion.

Second ability would be like howl of terror, increases in range and decreases in cool down time as it levels.

Third would be like the net ability, or the web ability, but for ground units... As the level increases the number of targets affected and duration increases.

Its level 6 super ability would be a gas attack, the gas slows unit movement speed and prevents all ranged attacks. used as a last resort to allow the hero to retreat and possibly finish digesting it's meal.

The over all effect of this unit is that it does really well in mass combat, keeping the enemy fleeing in terror or pinned down with webs to allow it time to consume them and produce minions... Then it makes a pretty flashy exit, disabling anyone from pursuing.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
@ Archideas
- May use it...
@ NoobImba
- Dont know about the names but I may use some of it.
@ SafeFail
- Many choices to choose from, yet some are unique. Like the Reaper though.
@ NuQ
- Doesnt really work out for me but the idea gave me inspiration for a boss. :D

+rep

Does someone else have other ideas.?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.