Hexed units disappear, stun messes up AI, and other cool stuff

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
Hi, ever since i ran into trouble with my map first time (map ini triggers failed), weird things have been happening since. Now when i use hex on creeps the unit turns into a random critter and the unit disappears, it can be attacked and it will flee, but it cannot be seen. (this doesn't happen every time though).
Then, using Bash in items makes hostile units flee battle the same way when your Hero has Divine Shield. Right after the Stun buff disappears, and your next attack hits, instead of coming after you the enemy flees :S... then it takes a while for them to realize they should be attacking, not fleeing.

Then there was another strange thing with Drain Life and Spell Block. An enemy hero uses Drain
Life on my Hero, and Spell block blocks it, the enemy hero still keeps channeling the ability? The effect disappears and the spell is not draining, the channeling animation however still stays on, and the enemy Hero doesn't do anything else, as if it was still really using the ability.

The map has 1480 triggers, and these problems started when i added more, but the weird thing is no matter how many i delete, nothing changes, only when i delete the last one(s) i added is when it makes a difference. I don't have any large arrays.

Does any of the stuff i mentioned sound familiar to anyone, and does anyone know how to make a map in this condition more stable without deleting everything, and can some of this stuff be caused by something else than too much stuff?

PS. Does playing a map with 2 or 3 players stress it more than playing alone? I ask because when me and my friend were testing, the game crashed for both of us with a memory error. This is something i haven't been able to replicate playing alone. I also deleted some triggers after this, so i don't know if that fixed it.

Thanks if you had the patience to read through that, and all replies shall be appreciated.

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Haha, this is some really nasty stuff happening in your map. The only thing that sounds familiar is broken init triggers, which happened to me when I added some trigger. Strangely, after deleting it and recreating, everything was fine, so perhaps this it. Unfortuneately, not much I can tell without looking at the code.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.