Hidden or invisible Creep

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I want to make Creep hidden or invisible, like a tile or unbuildable terrain however I cant just simple use the no build pathing (Joy).

The reason for this is to allow yourself to be able able to build on ramps you have to do some funny stuff that means you need to uncheck the no build validation and select no building on cliffs.

However I still want to make areas unbuildable so creep seems like the only option left.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
What will prevent you from building on cliffs?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
If you want to mess with pathing, just click Layers -> Pathing (Shortcut: H). The tools there should help you define different pathing without using any creep.

If this is what doesn't work in your map, then I'm sorry for not being of any help

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What will prevent you from building on cliffs?

I've set it so the buildings cant build on cliff

In short I followed this:

Building placement, meaning where you can and cannot place a building, is governed by that unit's footprint which can be modified in the Footprint data type. The 'Placement Check' and 'Placement Apply' Layers of a Footprint dictate where it can be placed, and what kind of effect it has on pathing and other footprints once it is placed

A ramp is considered a "No Build" location, which is considered invalid by footprints by default. What you'll need to do is uncheck the 'No Build' flag under the 'Invalid' flags of the 'Placement Check' Layer for that footprint.

As a side note, once you do this you will be able to build your buildings ANYWHERE. You will probably want to flag 'Ground - No Spawn' flag under the 'Invalid' flags as well. :) This will prevent you from building your buildings on other buildings (no matter how much Xzibit may want you to do so), and on cliffs.

And as a final side note to that previous side note, the edges of ramps are considered cliffs. You will only be able to build on the terrain in the middle of a ramp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.