High Cliff Levels

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Hey, while I am pretty good with doodads and such, I am not that great at terraining so I have a question for anyone who may be able to answer it.

I am trying to create a very high cliff, maybe 4-5 levels high without the pyramid/stairs effect. What I mean is, I need to have a cliff go straight down horizontally and have no cliff side every 2 levels. I could be wrong but I think at one time, I had done or seen someone do it long ago but I cant remember where or who.

Thanks

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You can do it with the brushes or make a model for it. I think it's hardprogrammed for the cliffs to do that.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
dang, i coulda sworn i saw someone do it before. ah well, ill keep searching but you may be right about hardcoded. thanks

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
1. take raise tool
2. higher your ground masses
3. take your plateau tool
4. get on the highest point
5. move it around and watch your cliff come to life
6. take ground brush whit title "cliff / Rock" and move on the cliff walls making them gray
7. congratz you now made a cliff!

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
hm, while that does let me have higher cliffs, the plateu is too large. i am basically making a wall effect, so its a high wall that needs to be about 4 levels high. i can edit one of the cliff models, but i cant find where it is. there are several cliff models but when i edit one, it turns out not to be the right cliff. im pretty sure all tile sets use the same cliff models but the ones i keep finding are only meant for dirt or grass and if i try to test a texture like cityscape or any at all, it messes up so i know its not the right model.

anyone have any idea where the right cliff models are located?

Varine

Reaction score
I didn't know cliffs were models... never really looked. I think there are a few terrain addon models and some of those are cliffs you could edit, instead of looking for the model itself.

Tooblet

Reaction score
1: You can make cliffs with the "raise" tool as thin as paper, I have myself, making excellent walls.
2: You can have a whole lot of tiles you can put on those walls, and you can download tiles if you don't find any of the many allready existing.

just take the smallest raise till and quickly move the mouse back and forward while pressing down so it's only on "one spot". it will make a huge thin pillar, then just plateau it around for your walls.
With this though you will have to use pathing blockers at the bottom of the wall because it's not technically a wall. just visually :p

hope that helps :)

Varine

Reaction score
I think he wants to make it look like a cliff, not a wall.

You can also hide it by using doodads and adding brush and rocks around it.

Tooblet

Reaction score
Well if he want's a rugged looking really hard cliff, I would suggest checking out all the sort of stone-tiles and then Make a cliff the way I descrubed, and then use the "noise" tool i think it's called. It will look 10 times more realistic and awesome than blizzard cliffs :D
also, you can make it 25 Levels high if you want to :p

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
If this is what you are looking for:
Use raise tool untill satisfaction of height.
Plateau tool makes you get that big Mountain you so long desired.
Edit the tiles to make it look more "cliffy".
The smooth is actually a good friend in this kinda mountaining.

Remember:
This cliff-example is smoothed and is not exactly going
straight down due to the unrealistic feel of it :)

3680666a13d423ae161a1dba8c566cd5a5f184a.jpg

Varine

Reaction score
Well if he want's a rugged looking really hard cliff, I would suggest checking out all the sort of stone-tiles and then Make a cliff the way I descrubed, and then use the "noise" tool i think it's called. It will look 10 times more realistic and awesome than blizzard cliffs :D
also, you can make it 25 Levels high if you want to :p

How would noise help if you're using the raise tool?

Tooblet

Reaction score
Well.. if he likes the sort of "unclean" look of blizzard cliffs. He can achiev something similar to that by adding noise effect to cliffs with raise.

Like this:
36808480148eb545d47268410857cfcbc529af9.jpg

Now I did this in 30 sec to demonstrate, yo can obviously do this better and higher and wider and whatever you like. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.