US News High School Wrestling: Amos completes incredible career on the mats at 142-0 wins

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WCHS/WVAH) — Braxton Amos won't be forgotten any time soon among the West Virginia wrestling circles.

The Parkersburg South senior just completed one of the most extraordinary careers in the history of the state.

In three seasons at Parkersburg South, Amos won three individual state championships at the 220-pound weight class, three Class AAA team championships, and finished with a career record of 142-0.

"I'm proud of the way we're leaving things," Amos said. "It was an excellent way to cap it off for all the seniors. At the end of the day, I'm just a kid with goals. I set my goals a little higher than everyone else, but I'm not going to apologize for it because it's been a fun ride."

Amos has been successful at a variety of levels outside of West Virginia, winning several national and international events.

According to multiple high school wrestling rankings, Amos is the nation's top grappler in the 220-pound weight class.

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.