Hit a wall

Extes

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello thehelper!
So, Ive been working on this RPG. I'm not quite where I'd like to be with triggers, but I believe I'm getting better. However, Ive hit a wall. This is an all call for any willing and able bodied trigger makers willing to throw a newb a bone and make me some spells! Ive terrain-ed approx 1/5th of the map, and am in the process of scaling XP rewards, quest rewards, Items, and making the quests mesh/intermingle. Side effects include being spread to thin.
A little background, if you have not read the post in the members projects thread, this is going to be an X-Men RPG with a plot straight from the Comics. A few of my favorite story arcs compiled / smashed together in a way that pleases the X-Men fans (characters available) but may piss off some more hardcore readers. Regrettably, due to letting people play as the heroes they want, I had to cut and change the story in a way that didn't badger the works of the original books, without ruining the actual lore.

I'm really throwing myself at the mercy of the senior map makers here. Each hero is a mutant so I gave them all a 'filler' spell that increased mana regeneration (mutant mastery) Below is a list of spells Id really like help making or just made for me. I HATE asking this because Id rather be able to give something in return, than simply ask for something with the only reward being credit and rep. Anyway, if you've read this far, I'll assume your down for at least reading the ideas...

Archangel - Strength, ranged hero
Originally Angel, after being captured by Apocalypse his mutation was manipulated and enhanced turning his angelic wings to metal, able to launch poisonous darts from them. Despite Apocalypse's methods, Archangel was saved by his team mates and continues to be an active member of X-Force.
Spells complete
His base attack is ranged to simulate his throwing poisonous darts from his wings, first spell is based off black arrow, primarily for the enhanced damage, the minion is very weak, and mostly used for his second move...
Death Pact, he sacrifices a minion for 100-700% health and mana. (additional 100% per rank)
Both spells have 7 ranks.

Spells needed
A lvl 10 single rank ability that could make him fly without letting him avoid boundaries, while still preventing melee units from hitting him. Suggestions welcome.
a lvl 15 spell to define the character. Having poison darts, minion sacrificing, and hopefully flight by this point, I really don't know where else to go with him. Map makers, go bonkers! Full creative control over an Ult for one of the bad asses.

Wolverine - Strength, melee hero
Almost done with him, I just need a way for his second ability (a single target nuke based off Storm Bolt) deals additional damage if the target is under the effects of Garrote (his lvl 1 move based off doom with a duration instead of until dead, and spawns no minion)

Cyclops Intelligence, ranged hero
leader of the X-Men. Throughout the story he will let himself be captured, tell Wolverine to kill Cyclops's own son Cable, and basically become the leader of all mutants on the planet.

Spells complete
I have a lvl 2 push back @ area based off location of targeted unit ability so far. And a lvl 15 ult that basically is a Breath of Fire with huge range, damage based off int, no mana cost, but a long CD.

Spells needed
a lvl 1 ability that I really don't know what to do other than keep away from buffs like searing arrow. While those type of moves aren''t bad, I don't want them to be a recurring theme across the map. (though if nothing else presents itself there are plenty of like abilities to put on each ranged character) Ideas are in the open, however, it HAS to be lvl 1, and rank up 7 times at a 3 lvl interval.
a lvl 10 single rank ability. Ive been trying to turn Upgrade moon glaive into a hero ability, but despite following a tut, could not get this upgrade ability to work on my heroes. Other suggestions welcome, but so far he does have 2 AoE abilities. If Upgrade moon glaive wont work, Vorpal Blades may. As an alternative, a short duration buff that increases all heroes xp gain rate by a significant amount.

X-23Agility, melee hero
X-23 is weapon X's first successful clone of Wolverine... side effects include, its a girl. Found and rescued by the X-men shes now a member of the team, constantly watching wolverine trying to learn why he was so great (lets face it since he became a household name the pussification of Wolverine has snow balled)

Completed spells
Healing factor... that's it...

Requested spells
I don't want her to be a replica of wolverine, and I don't want any of the heroes having to many passives. I was thinking a maim and maybe a combination of wolverines first two moves, a dot that deals decent initial damage and applies a DoT (wolverines DoT deals no initial damage) As an Ult I would really like to have a double attack. However, I have yet been able to create the double attack action. I had seen it in a spell pack map once long ago, but cannot find it again. Any help with these three moves would be greatly appreciated.

Emma Frost Intelligence, melee
Cyclops's girl friend and telepath with the secondary mutation to turn into diamond. I would really like help making her turn into diamond, but not have her other skills (all telepathy based) available while in this form. Ideally it would be a lvl 15 ult based off robo-goblin.

Ice-Man Intelligence Ranged
Bobby Drake, one of the originals. hes not new to being a super hero so I really wanted some excellent displays of his manipulation of Ice. While he could easily be plugged with Frost arrows, Frost Armor, Frost Nova, and blizzard, I want at least one Aura that reduces movement speed of enemies that come in range of him, and an Ice trap. Maybe a stacking debuff that lowers movement/attack rate to a point that the target is frozen and takes double damage on next hit after becoming frozen. If you have ideas for cool ice moves (didja see what I did thar?) Id love to have it here.

Gambit Agility, ranged
Remy LaBeu has been a thief, a hero, a heart breaker, and a horseman of Apocalypse. I'm trying to capture at least three of these aspects. So far I have a move based off incinerate, Cluster Rockets, and voodoo spirits. Id really like a lvl 10 passive that either gives him money (like 1 gold) per attack. Currently its just a passive that permanently increases his attack speed, tough I have a spell on hold that gives him multi shot, however, with Cluster rockets already in his ability list, I have no problem replacing it. Id REALLY like the gold move.

So, now that wall of text has crit you for over 9000, please, respond! If this is way to many demands and Im coming off as some amateur asking better map makers to do my job, let me know. Ill hit the editor again and come back when I figure more out on my own. But as I'm asking for help with these things, I am still working on the plot, quest triggers, the item system, balancing stats/rewards. Scaling mobs and scripting boss fights. This isn't a request to get something done for me while I sit and wait, its a request to lighten the load of some triggers/spells I just cant wrap my head around or am to wrapped up in past abilities to figure out. I really need fresh objective feedback on this list. Even if you cant or wont make a spell for me, please, point me in the right direction. I really appreciate any feedback and help I can get with the task at hand. Thank you very much for your time, and as always, good luck to all my fellow aspiring map makers!

V/R
Extes

P.S.
Any one submitting spells or triggers for this map will receive a copy of the map in its current state if req'd for the sake of importing/ looking into scaling etc. + rep and credits will be given for all spells/abilities/suggestions applied to the maps final product.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You should post this in Members' Projects instead. This part of the forum is for WE questions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.