Swiftblaze

Reaction score
=========================================================
Hold the Line V.A3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gameplay (at least how it's supposed to be right now w/o bugs and glitches):

You and 5 other heros must push the invading army out of the valley. Along the valley are unmanned towers. Capture a zone by hitting the levers next to the towers.

+ Capturing a zone does the following:
-- add reinforcements
-- captures unmanned towers
-- causes invading army to set loose their "experimental" weapons
+ Losing a zone does the following:
-- towers become unmanned again
-- the next time you recapture the zone, the "experiments" will be back.

Reinforcements can be summoned using text commands and can only be used once until another zone is captured. You start out with infantry and get different kinds every zone you capture.

+ Here's a list:
-- Infantry + available from start (command = -infantry)
-- Cavalry + zone 1 (command = -calvary {yeah, I know it's mispelled})
-- Battleships + zone 2 (command = -battleships)
-- Air Support + zone 3 (command = -airsupport)

The invading army is slowly gathering more troops. in 8 minutes they will have archers ready and 10 minutes after that, they will have elite troops.

Once you capture the last zone (zone 3) you will have to hold it for 5 minutes to force the invading army to retreat.

Do not let the castle in the outpost be destroyed, doing so will end the mission in failure.

Triggers and Things to Know about this map:

*This is my first map. (means it's bug ridden and such)

I don't know a whole lot about the really complex triggers and scripts and stuff, but I used "Turn Off Trigger" and "Turn On Trigger" actions a lot in this map.

There are no custom abilities or items yet because those are not the things that I want to be critiqued on in this version.

Heros are the default WC3 TFT ones and are chosen using a dialog box.

I have tested this on B.net a few times before posting here and I've had problems with balance and the victory trigger, please check it out because I don't know what's wrong with it.

I use ressurection stones to revive heros because I didn't understand how to use the trigger shown at http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/. MANY MANY MANY thanks to that website by the way. I would never have been able to do any of this without your help! :)

Also, I don't know how to fill up the slots for computer players. I put their controller as a computer, but the slot still reads as an open slot. In an attempt to remedy this problem, I put the controller as none and it still works if I test it from the World Editor, but I've yet to host this version on the internet to see if the open slots are still there.

This alpha version is NOT protected so you can look in my triggers and tell me what I'm doing wrong or suggest a better way of setting it up.

This map was made for 6 players

Thanks in advance for anybody who responds. :)

EDIT: Just FYI since I'm not too good with all the complex triggers yet, you need to hit the LEFT lever before you hit the right one. I also added a note under the "Triggers and Things to Know About This Map" section.

Attachments

• Hold the Line V.A3.w3x
    40.1 KB · Views: 302

3nvy

Hey, this game sounds really fun! I'll try it out with some friends on B.Net later tonight!

-3nvy

EDIT:

Alrighty, Tested it..

First of all, I couldnt really find what capturing the levers did..

Secondly, the towers in the starting city started shooting at me. Why was this?

Couldn't really get a game going because we couldn't work it out xD

-3nvy

Swiftblaze

Reaction score
Well, thanks for testing it anyway. Keep in mind this my first map. As for the towers shooting at you, I think you might have filled in the enemy's player slot. I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to make that player slot go away. Another thing that might have happened is that, when you lost a zone, the towers were given to the enemy computer, but I'm pretty sure I fixed that. I'll retest it myself and see if I can find some way to fix it. Any other bug reports would be highly appreciated.

Swiftblaze

Reaction score
Defense of Rivenport V. A4

===========================================================
Defense of Rivenport V. A4
===========================================================

+ Ok, I know I took my sweet time on this version and I'm betting that most of you don't care.

+ I attempted to fix the bugs that were reported to me.
-- Victory condition works now
-- Zone capturing has been hammered out for the most part
-- Player slots situation fixed
-- Towers no longer attack the players

+ I also added items to my shops
-- Potion Shop :: Finished for now
-- Pawn Shop :: Not finished (I got lazy :rolleyes: )
-- Armor Shop :: No work done
-- Weapon Shop :: No work done

+ Added barricades along zones as slightly useful "bottleneck" areas.

+ As you probably noticed, I changed the name to "Defense of Rivenport" because I found a map in my maps folder that had the name "Hold the Line." Oops.

+ So basically, this map should be "playable" now. Please report any bugs ANY AT ALL!!!!

+ Oh yeah, I fixed the spelling of the "cavalry" command so it's spelled right. [calvary ---> cavalry]

Attachments

• Defense of Rivenport V.A4.w3x
    43.9 KB · Views: 300

3nvy

Once again, I'll take a look :)

I'm quite interested in how the gameplay of this could come out if done right, and I've been tempted of doing something similar myself.

Will keep you posted,

-3nvy

3nvy

Well, I tested it out quite a few times..

A few comments;

1) Have some items that increase Attack Speed, as this would make it a little easier

2) Tone down the creeps man! They're bloody hard to kill!

3) Enable your hero to get XP if the towers kill the creeps. The towers are alot more powerful than the hero's, so they usually finish off the creeps.

4) Even with a full house, we couldn't win, this game is pretty hard.

-3nvy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.