How can I make a model easier to select/click?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I found those 2 nice models, but they're made to be used as attachments, and are really hard to click, which is bad since I want to use them as actual item models. How could I make them easier to click? I'm pretty sure theres a way with like... adding invisible stuff around them, but I'm no modeler (all I've ever learned to do is add omnilights and particle emitters...)

Oh also, I have another model, but there's a problem with it: I'm using a custom DayNight model which makes the environment darker, but this one model always stays the same color no matter the DNC, and it looks ugly.
Here are links to the 3 models:
Knife attachment
Bloody knife attachment
Meat

EDIT: I solved the problem with the unshaded model, I just used another one :p.

But I still need help with the 2 others.

bOb666777

Reaction score
Well... as a last resort, perhaps... but I need it for a kitchen (some items will be grab-able)
and this doesn't really look like a knife... but maybe.

Also, I need it to work as an attachment as well (so both item and attachment)

Still, bump for the sake of a better solution?

bOb666777

Reaction score
No, I indeed don't.
For 2 reasons:
First off, it's not really "hard" to select... It's like IMPOSSIBLE to select (except with square selection). That means I'd have to make it MUCH larger for it to be easier to select.

Second, when I'll use it as an attachment, it wont be the same size...

Couldn't someone whos used to modeling help me...? :eek:

How about I just change my question:
Could I make a model easier to select just by adding invisible stuff around it, and if so, how do I do that?

bOb666777

Reaction score
That's only inside the editor. In the game, it doesn't work.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well you would need the mdlx converter + a vertex modifier (convert the model with mdlx converter and then open it with the vertext modifier) and voila just select the whole model and click on scale and then right click and drag the mouse ;)
after that save it and convert it back and import it again... btw. some modelers don't want their models to be modified in any way... so if you care about that find that out first :p

of course in that case the whole thing would be bigger...

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
easy way: get magos' model editor and open your model, then click on Edit -> Model Properties -> Bounds Radius, works for me
EDIT: seems like it was set to 0 for those knives... changed it to 150, import them and see if you like, if not tell me or change the values
View attachment 34052 View attachment 34053

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Also about the model not changing with night and day that is caused by the "unshaded" box being checked in the material tab found in Magos.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.