How do I start teams in specific regions but at random start locations?

vertigofx

Reaction score
I'm new to map making, but I'm a quick learner, so if you can give me specifics on how I might accomplish this, it would really help.

I built a big map with defined sides, east and west. Each side has four gold mines and I created starting locations at each gold mine.

I want to have team games where one team starts on the east side and the other on the west, but I want each player in their team to start at a random start location on that side (not just at some random spot altogether).

If it isn't too much to ask, I want to make sure that each player can still pick their race and color without it affecting the randomness of their starting location.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this has already been discussed. I did search but I didn't find a solution.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I want to have team games where one team starts on the east side and the other on the west, but I want each player in their team to start at a random start location on that side (not just at some random spot altogether)..

If it is just a plain melee map it's pretty easy actually.

Let's say you have player Red,Blue,Teal and Purple on the west side and Yellow,Orange,Green and Pink on the east.

West side i placed like this: (example)

Teal
Blue
Purple
Red

Go to the top menu and select "Scenario/Ally priorities". Now an alliance widow should open. On the right side of the window you can set player priorities. "None, Low priority and High priority".
In our example you will have to set the priorities like this.

Player-High prio--Low prio--none
Teal: -Blue--------None------Purple, Red
Blue: -Teal--------Purple-----Red
Purple:-Red-------Blue-------Teal
Red: --Purple-----None------Blue, Teal

Again, this is ONLY if it's a standard melee map.

Edit: Clarified the above schema.

vertigofx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I actually got it figured out, mostly, just a bit ago. The players aren't started at a random spot but they can at least be on the same side as their team and still choose whichever color/race they want. It's close enough for me.

Thank you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.