How make people not need Town Hall.

dead-manakin

Reaction score
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: ok so i have been trying to make an rpg and i hav items (tho i take sugjetions) and spells and heros and all that but when i try to go and test it, it seys Not enough town hall, cant start.

Could anyone help me out!?!?:) plz?

dead-manakin

Reaction score
Gah yah i did

Yah Dangit and it no funny this has been problem for like 1.5 years of looking on wc3 editor be4 i found tis place!:thdown:

lovexylitol

Reaction score
Delete the requires and requirescount, require tiers 1~8 to solve your problem.

But, it would be great to at least read the world edit turorials and search the forums before, or at least have a look at all the options and attributes in the world editor.

If you dont, I am very sure this problem will not be your last. The tutorials are located at the left bottom side at the top of the Affiliate Sites box.

dead-manakin

Reaction score
Well ur not giving me much info, leme get purfectly straight...

WHERE IS THIS REQUIRES OR REQUIRESCOUNT??????!!!!! WHERE!!!

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
haha wth with not enough town hall..

have you delete all triggers at map init?

Mmh trigger that stops you from starting the map?? Other than the ones that doesn't function since patch 1.24b (or was it a JASS script? I dunno...) this seems not so likely ;)

Well ur not giving me much info, leme get purfectly straight...
WHERE IS THIS REQUIRES OR REQUIRESCOUNT??????!!!!! WHERE!!!

Nice attitude for requesting help
I also don't get what you mean... I just don't get why you would need town halls?!? If you can't even start map it's no trigger... are you using another world edit? Because i could just create a map and create some units and delete every trigger and there will be no town halls and no problems.
It seems you did anything wrong that can't be tracked from here... if you can give me a link to your map I would help you otherwise there's nothing reasonable to help you...

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think he may be talking about starting positions (Though I may be wrong). Starting positions are not town halls. They are just where the players camera starts at map init. In a melee game, it creates a players starting units at their starting point. A starting point is required for every playing player, but will not produce a town hall unless yo have the default map init triggers.

>Nice attitude for requesting help

Yeah, try to be a bit more polite. You have negative rep which means you aren't doing things entirely right on these forums. Read the rules if your not sure about them and be nice to people. Key to getting Positive rep:D

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think he may be talking about starting positions

Mmh I'm curious is there an editor that can save a map without creating random starting positions? Even World edit itself does that... so maybe a tool that is supposed for more advanced users that I don't know

Joccaren

Reaction score
I don't think so. Starting positions tell Warcraft where to place each players camera at the start of the game. I prefer placing them in a specific place to having to have to trigger where I want the cameras to start or have them start at a random point.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yea me too.. the question just is. How can you not place them so the map doesn't work^^
I wouldn't know... would be really interesting to see the actual map and however such a problem occurs :p

dead-manakin

Reaction score
Ty

Ty u guys and you were right it is starting locations but when i started to test it sed needs players starting positions i clik selec random ones and it make Town Hall!!! it innoying:confused: But ty for help!:):thup::D

+Rep to all:thup:

TheTempest

Reaction score
Create your start locations where you need them. Open up the Triggers window and delete the whole Melee Initialization trigger.

Joccaren

Reaction score
yea me too.. the question just is. How can you not place them so the map doesn't work^^
I wouldn't know... would be really interesting to see the actual map and however such a problem occurs :p

I'm taking a guess here but your asking for a map where the start positions do give errors when they are not placed???

Answer: Create a new map in normal worldeditor, no newgen or anything, every player That is Playing needs a start location. It doesn't matter for neutrals or players who aren't in the game as they don't need a camera.

Sorry if I got that entirely wrong and you were asking something else.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
the thing is I cant save a map without creating a start position for every player... and that's what i don't understand :p
(i thought he couldn't start the map ingame but save it in editor ...)

Joccaren

Reaction score
Do you have to create it for every player, or just every player who is playing?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well I still don't get it... the editor errors and says how many you need when don't have enough starting positions and try to save the map. And you can't save it without having a start position for every player!

Joccaren

Reaction score
In the Player Properties window you define how many players there are. You need a start location for the # of players defined.

I know this. I'm asking if he has to make a start position for every player or just every player in his game. Currently it sounds like he needs one for every player, regardless of whether hes given them a controller in the player properties menu.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.