how to add a movie to a campaign

rodead

Reaction score
how you can add a opening or ending movie to a campaign like the orc ending movie where 2 orcs are fighting against manoroth.

thanks in advanced and +rep

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
It is possible but you need to use WEU and it's under Cinematics. If you can't see it there then you don't have Advance Triggers active and if you want that active then i belive you must create a new map...

rodead

Reaction score
hmm i don't like the idea to use WEU since i think it is not very usefull because it creates bugs i heard. so i don't want to use it and i hope there is a way to just do it in normal world editor... because how they did in the frozen throne campaigne?

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Rodead, I assume you are making a single player campaign:

If you want a movie in between your games, why don't you do a normal cinematic at the end of one scenario (map).

If you want it to be a sepearate movie which can be watched, just make the cinematic as another map.... and set victory right after the cinematic finishes.

Example:
Campaign 01 (win) -> Campaign 02 (win) -> Movie (auto-win) -> Campaign 03 .... etc

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blizzard actually used a model for the cinematic of Arthas vs Illidian. I don't know about the rest, but you can find the Arthas vs Illidian battle model in the editor. All Blizzard did was move cameras around it.

rodead

Reaction score
Rodead, I assume you are making a single player campaign:

If you want a movie in between your games, why don't you do a normal cinematic at the end of one scenario (map).

If you want it to be a sepearate movie which can be watched, just make the cinematic as another map.... and set victory right after the cinematic finishes.

Example:
Campaign 01 (win) -> Campaign 02 (win) -> Movie (auto-win) -> Campaign 03 .... etc

but i also can do that with a video file with .mpq as example?

edit: well i don't want to do the normal version since that would be tons of work for me because i am a perfectionist so the cinamatic would be the same from the game i am copieing it from ( game is zelda ocarian of time)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
.mpq isn't a movie file, it is an archive that Blizzard uses. I don't think files like .mp4 or .wmv work in Warcraft 3 though.

rodead

Reaction score
well i can maybe convert mp3 or mp4 files to mpq filles i don't know if i can get such a programm but i still don't know how to add a movie without using a map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.