how to copy terrain?

nhammen

Reaction score
ok mb this question is asked before to but i was searching inside the forum for while and couldnt find anything i was checking this post http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/42787-Guide-Explanation-of-W3M-and-W3X-Files to see wich files are the terrains etc. I copied the terrain and dodas from the other map to my new map and when i try to open it it gives me error that the file data is corupt can you guys tell me wich files i should copy so the terrain to work

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 219

TomTTT

Reaction score
I'm not really an expert on this, but why don't use do the opposite: copy triggers and objects data from 1 map to another? It's a LOT easier. If you need further explanation about it, just say, and I'll do my best to tell you how.

Parsival

Reaction score
Hi,

Terrain files are saved in *.blp. Their paths to replace depend on a kind of path set You chose at the start.
Example for Dalaran:
Code:
TerrainArt\Dalaran\NAME_OF_TERRAIN.blp

Import terrain file and change its path to original path of terrain You want to replace.

nhammen

Reaction score
i will be glad if you explain me how i know how to copy the terrain with ctrl+c ctrl+v but it copy only the terrain how i can copy the doddas to thats what i dont know this is the reason i was trying to copy with mpq program

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
ahah, Its a .t file, I know that. Copy that to your maps MPQ. also copy the .ddos. or something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.