How to create global variables?

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
Srs. Also, when making a new, if I decide not to use the terrain, the terrain will appear black in the editor and I'll be able to put units on the map, but when I test it, units will not show and the terrain will show planets.

Any help on my two problems is greatly appreciated.

Zalinian

Reaction score
For the global variables: In the trigger editor, on the bottom half of the left panel (where you add new triggers and such), you can right click and go to new->variable, or its the 2nd to last button on the toolbar. All variables created this way are global. if you create a variable inside a trigger under the 'local' section then its a local variable.

I'm not sure about this but, I think you have to have 'Map' selected instead of 'Mod' for document type when creating a new document if you want units to appear. I believe mods are just for data/triggers/etc, not actual terrain or unit placement.. Can anyone else can clarify or correct this?

Clockwork

Reaction score
Yeah in the Built-in libraries there is a section called 'Starmap', and Planets and such fall under that category. I have no clue what that means, but my mind wanders into awesome ideas.

I was going to ask about it but figured no one had done anything with it. Maybe there will be some work with them used by Blizzard when the first Campaign is released.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.