How to: Create Multiboards

Lanboy

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Code:
 Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1) to (String(player_kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Look at the row. What if there weren't all players in the game to begin with, for example:

Name
Red
Blue
Teal
Yellow
Orange

...where for example, player four (purple) is missing? wouldnt that make the scores malfunction for yellow and orange? yellow is player 5, yet he's in row 5 (instead of 6?)

S

sniperz

can the guy's here provide multiboard with like set 50 kills to win / 70 kills?

a tutorial map uploaded shud be nicer i mean with Kills to WIn

brized

Reaction score
Code:
 Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1) to (String(player_kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Look at the row. What if there weren't all players in the game to begin with, for example:

Name
Red
Blue
Teal
Yellow
Orange

...where for example, player four (purple) is missing? wouldnt that make the scores malfunction for yellow and orange? yellow is player 5, yet he's in row 5 (instead of 6?)
Yep! I'm trying to figure out how to fix that right now. I might just have to look at the unprotected DotA, since that has a multiboard that doesn't malfunction when the player slots aren't perfectly arranged.

I

IKilledKEnny

For a LOOOOOONG time I wondered how to make a multiboard. You rock AndrewGosu!

F

Fame.

Is there anyway to add a picked heroes icon to a multiboard if so can anyone help me?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Code:
Player kills
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Killing unit)) is in players_playing) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set player_kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (player_kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)

Same for dying, the colum 3, row x player needs to be updated every time your hero dies.

Code:
Player dies
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Dying unit)) is in players_playing) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set player_deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (player_deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + 1) to (String(player_deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))
Those can be compressed into If/Then/Elses, you say If ((Owner of (Dying unit)) is in players_playing) Equal to True Then blah blah blah Else (another if/then/else) If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) is in players_playing) Equal to True then blah blah blah.

As for spelling (didn't read everything btw) Appreciated* a lot*
I dunno why people need tutorials on this, seemed kinda obvious to me o_O

nate

Reaction score
Those can be compressed into If/Then/Elses, you say If ((Owner of (Dying unit)) is in players_playing) Equal to True Then blah blah blah Else (another if/then/else) If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) is in players_playing) Equal to True then blah blah blah.

As for spelling (didn't read everything btw) Appreciated* a lot*
I dunno why people need tutorials on this, seemed kinda obvious to me o_O

Well for some people it's not 100% clear on how to create a multiboard sensei it's quit different for leaderboard.... I didn't know how to make one.

to Fame., I would give each hero different point value (got 70 heros? for the first one give point value 1, to the second 2, and so on unilt 70.) Now get a string variable with array equal to num of heros you got. Now set each variable to the appropiate hero icon. Lastly then use that string (with the proper array (hero's point value)) as the icon.

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
Quick note here. After some messing around I found that if you use the value 0 in the colum or row it will effect all of either the colums or rows. This could be useful for formatting so you don't have to use the loops.

C

CrazyChao

All of the text on my multiboard keeps getting cut off, and I do not know why. Great tutorial.

EDIT: Sorry, just forgot to set the width. Works great now. :shades:

L

Leos

Code:
-------- row 2, colum 1, 2, 3. --------
    -------- red team --------
    Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row 2 to (cc_players[1] + (Red Team + cc_endtag))
    Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row 2 to (String(team_score[1]))
    Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row 2 to string_owns_flag[2]

Whats the variable "team_score[1]" equal to? It was never mentioned before it's inclusion, and while I can figure out its a integer array, I don't know what to set it to?

L

Leos

No, I mean in the function Set team_score[1]=X , what should X be?

I didnt see this anywhere, but I may have missed it as I only skimmed through the latter portions of the trigger.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
"set team_score[1] = (team_score[1] + 1)" every time the team scores a point.

L

Leos

Ah, I see now. Since the initial value is 0, thats all that would be required. Thanks.

DeathWing

Reaction score
Meybe instead Loop Part use this:

Wieloschowek - Set the display style for multiboard_main item in column 0, row 0 to View text and Hide icons

Cuz when u use "0" WE uses this settings to all rows/columns. :)

B

butters132

i made a multiboard representing kills/deaths but it tallies in the wrong place when i kill a hero, heres what i have:

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds

Actions
Set Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and (1 + Player_Count) rows, titled Hero Arena
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Player Name
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Kills
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to Deaths
For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 3.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
Set List = 2
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row List to (Name of (Picked player)))
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row List to Player_Color[(Player number of (Picked player))]
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row List to 0
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row List to 0
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to UI\Feedback\Resources\ResourceGold.blp
Set List = (List + 1)
Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)

Then i made a new trigger:
Events
Unit - A unit Dies

Conditions
((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
((Owner of (Killing unit)) controller) Equal to User

Actions
Set Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
Set Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] to (String(Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))
Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber

My problem is that when you kill somebody it tallies on deaths in the first row and tallies on deaths on the player row, or multiboard_spots. It also tallies on kills so thats good. TO clear things up this is an example of my multiboard:

Player Name:--Kills---Deaths
butters132----0------0

Now when i kill a unit it becomes:

Player Name:--Kills--1
bitters132-----1----1

*Note -'s aren't really there i just put them there to even it up, for some reason when i put spaces it didn't save it

P.S sry i don't know how to make one of those narly scroll down-light blueish thingys that you guys use in turtorials nor do i know how to make charts. :(

Thanks a bunch :D

Magoiche

Reaction score
Problem whit updates

Well i make a board based on yours and the one on the site.

The Create Multiboard

JASS:
Creating
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and (0 + (Number of players in Player_Count)) rows, titled Dark Arena
        Set Multiboard_Arena = (Last created multiboard)
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row 1 to (Players_Colors[0] + ([Team] + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row 1 to (Players_Colors[0] + ([Kills] + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row 1 to (Players_Colors[0] + ([Deaths] + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row 2 to (Players_Colors[9] + (Alpha Team + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row 2 to Kills_Alpha
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row 2 to Deaths_Alpha
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row 3 to (Players_Colors[10] + (Beta Team + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row 3 to Kills_Beta
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row 3 to Deaths_Beta
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row 4 to (Players_Colors[0] + ([Player Name] + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row 4 to (Players_Colors[0] + ([Kills] + Colors_Ends))
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row 4 to (Players_Colors[0] + ([Deaths] + Colors_Ends))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (0 + (Number of players in Player_Count)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 9.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 4.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
                Set Player_Row = (Player_Row + 1)
                Set Player_Colors = (Player_Colors + 1)
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 1, row Player_Row to (Players_Colors[Player_Colors] + ((Name of (Player(Player_Colors))) + Colors_Ends))
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row Player_Row to (String(Kill_Count[Player_Colors]))
                Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row Player_Row to (String(Death_Count[Player_Colors]))
        Multiboard - Show Multiboard_Arena

The Kills Update
JASS:
Player Kills Update
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        ((Owner of (Killing unit)) controller) Equal to User
    Actions
        Set Kill_Count[Player_Colors] = (Kill_Count[Player_Colors] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 2, row Player_Row to (String(Kill_Count[Player_Colors]))

The Deaths Update
JASS:
Player Deaths Update
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Dying unit)) controller) Equal to User
    Actions
        Set Death_Count[Player_Colors] = (Death_Count[Player_Colors] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard_Arena item in column 3, row Player_Row to (String(Death_Count[Player_Colors]))

Well.. i think the problem its in the player_row for the updates.

Well can anyone say how to fix? =O

B

butters132

its a great code but could u define your variables? Like i don't know what Color_end, kills, death and other variables are, thanks :D.

Magoiche

Reaction score
Here

Here:

imagempx3.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.