How to Fatal error?

sentess

Reaction score
Hey i've been looking why i get an error each time i load my map.

But sadly i'm totaly blank on what causes errors..

Can anyone give me a hint? :)

Is it triggers, models, etc..? Or everything. Cuz i'm totaly blank.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
A fatal error can be a lot of things. It's like says "I just got an error in Windows, what's wrong?" - Hard to tell :)
I got an error once, because I had a trigger adding a hero ability to a normal unit. Apparently Wc3 doesn't like that :p

Silver

Reaction score
If it does it immediately on loading your map, you probably imported a corrupted model / skin. The only way I know of of fixing this is loading a save from before you imported that model / skin and never import that model / skin now.

sentess

Reaction score
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\programmer\warcraft iii\War.3exe
Exeption: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F473B60

The instuction at '0x6F473B60' referenced memory at '0x00000078'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

Did a copy paste. If that does'nt help i could maybe send you the map, and you could have a look at it? :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Post any triggers that run on Map Initialization.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
I prefer not to get a copy of the map, and check the error. I prefer giving suggestions about possible solutions, that way you learn much more :p

I don't get anything special from the error message itself, but usually you can determine around where the bug lies.
During Loadingscreen: Imported object corrupted, most likely.
During Map: Depends on what triggers are running.
If you have a trigger that spawns 1 footman when you type "-gimmeh!", and the game conveniently crashes when you type the command, you would know where to look.

It gets easier if you only have 1-50 triggers, as there aren't a LOT running at once, and further more if you know exactly how and why your triggers do what they do... It's much easier for the mapmaker to bugsearch his/her own map, than for other people to read through all the coding...

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Some possibilities that causes fatal:

1. Buying a stats tome with a non-hero unit.

2. loading screen corrupted or bad format (this usually happens instantly, you cant even get into the game)

3. From what i heard, Moving a unit into map boundaries causes fatal error too. Although i never tested this before.

4. Negative or "forced" entered (shift+enter) values in spells in the object editor, i experienced this before, happened to me when i "forced entered" the chain lighting number of bounces to over 32.

sentess

Reaction score
Seems like i can't even upload it... Not even to another website, well i got a back-up. But DAMN i whanted to know what made the error.

Also i did'nt really add any triggers to the map.. So i don't think it's that ;p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.