how to make a game like hero IV

muchalive

Reaction score
HI, i was wundering if there was a way to make a game like heros IV were you take turns moving like a board game. IF there is a way or you think it could be done then how? can it be done in GUI? i pray for that :D

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
If it is possible to make a fully working poker map, a monopoly map, a checkers map in all gui, then I think that your map would be quite possible to:thup:
Almost everything can be done in GUI acctually, I have some ideas of how to do it, the only thing is that it is to much work for me right now to help you with it. It takes quite a lot of thinking and a high amount of swears to make it happen;)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I don't think it would take that much triggers. But I hope that your aware of that it can be a real pain in the a** to make this kind of map. It is fully possible with GUI, but I suggest you write down on a paper what you want to do before opening the editor:D It may make it a little easier (it works for me):thup:

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
gusy if youre gna create a board type of game count me in please ive always wanted in on a big project like this

cmon some guy is making a rollecoaster game sunds impossible but nothing is

so ... have any of you gus got msn or something we can chat by?

muchalive

Reaction score
i also had an idea for chess. is there a way to program specific units to move in a certen way like the horse how they are supposed to move in an L?

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you could make a condition like with regions for the black and white squares just have to play birds eye view?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That will have to be calculated with algoritms or something. If unit stands on that region it can only move there and there and so on...

btw do you mean heroes of might and magic 4?

I can't help making this project, I have one that I am currently working on wich takes a lot of time already:(

muchalive

Reaction score
im not making any maps of hero IV wich is yes 4, im just getting some ideas and challenging the world editor program :D

im making a recreation of a game called SACRIFICE if any of you played it then can you plz help me :D

PS: by the way is there like a buddy list or something here so i could put you on my buddy list samael88, if that is ok with you?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
im not making any maps of hero IV wich is yes 4, im just getting some ideas and challenging the world editor program :D

im making a recreation of a game called SACRIFICE if any of you played it then can you plz help me :D

PS: by the way is there like a buddy list or something here so i could put you on my buddy list samael88, if that is ok with you?

Why name the thread hero4 then?

Don't try to challenge the editor. It is all mighty:p*lol*

Of course you can add me, I have never played sacrifice tho, but if I can help with some triggers I would be happy to help:thup:

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the easiest way to get to the buddy list is click private messages up top right then it should give you a bar near the left and it will saying contacts

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Click my name and you will see the the text add Samael88 to your contact list:thup:
You will have to do an E-mail confirmation to make that work tho. Else you don't have a contact list

muchalive

Reaction score
So... whos in?

If any of you are willing to help me make the game SACRIFICE then please say ''I'' and what you would be doing. like terrain/trigger/Ideas ect.

This is just to make shure who is in. Like registration. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.