Tutorial How to make a Non-target Omni Slash

1337moo

Reaction score
sorry i didn't reply for a while. school :(. Anyways, yes, i did do the move instantly thing. I did change the wait to 0.5 so i could see the attack animation. When it was 0.1, there wasn't much difference other than the fact the unit wouldn't show attack animation after bringing his sword back all the way =P

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
We want it to look like the Warden is attacking so we add in another action
Code:

Animation - Play temp_unit[1]'s attack animation

The Warden looks cooler when her "slam" animation is played lol. Just saying so becuase playing only attack animations is a bit dry when using the warden for this spell; with a slam animation, the warden looks like she is attacking but spinning around at the same time and a cool sound is played :)

And another thing.. in the trigger you set the life of temp_unit[2] to life of temp_unit[2] - 50.00; this is a bad way of damaging units if the Caster is actually "meant" to be damaging them itself. Actually causing the triggering/caster unit to damage temp_unit[2] will make it so that when or if the unit does kill temp_unit[2], it will actually "kill" it. You can prove this by turning the player flag on for the units you want to kill, edit them in object editor so they give you gold when they die and they will then give you gold when you "kill" it using the Damage Target function. Another down-side to setting the life of that temp_unit[2] is that when displaying messages such as:

Kc102 just killed AceHart for extra gold!

will appear as:

"blank" just killed AceHart for extra gold!

This is becuase the game can't tell who actually killed AceHart's unit/hero. And "blank" will not actually appear, there will just be an empty line in front of just killed...

One more thing,
I noticed that you used this function: Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for temp_unit[1] - this will actually cause all of her other spells to be Reset as well as Omni Slash if you didn't know.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I revamped the JASS and i've been working on it for a while. It is almost done except for 1 thing and when its done I will remake this tut. It will still have the GUI as I will convert it back to GUI too.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Will do. Just need to export my stuff from my map that i'm working in. Off to school, JASS should be done later today.

kylewarrior

Reaction score
bla bla

i would only read the hole thing on friday,saturday, or sunday because i have homework and im 8 yrs old

Prometheus

Reaction score
Bump really old thread!
O...k....a....y.... At the previous post.
Redid the tut and such.
Hopefully this will now be accepted =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.