How to make hero multishot

LmmcDarkY

Reaction score
I wonder how to make hero od multishot with spell when i use barrage then hero will shoot damage not equal to its damage... so its useful for units....

could u tell me easiest way to make it for hero ??? ^^

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The only way people say to do it is use barrage, sorry.

LmmcDarkY

Reaction score
i have seen that hero shoots his damage multiple.... or naga in dota shoots with 3 arrows just having 30% damage

Senseless

Reaction score
aehm thats not right.. (2nd poster) u can use triggers... and Barrage is only working %ual when u say damage "0" and max damage "0" so its 100% to ur damage.. the only real suxxing think is.. 0 targets are (all who in range of abillity) 1 target is 3 targets (lol?) and 2 target is 3 Targets (lol2?^^) :D the only think u cant made with Barrage is %ual thinks like 50% and u can make minimum of 3 Targets :)

Senseless

Reaction score
i have seen that hero shoots his damage multiple.... or naga in dota shoots with 3 arrows just having 30% damage

Yes trigger, dont ask me for a trigger^^ i think someone can help u.. the other way search one of the 30 Thread about Multishot (i think its some of the often opened threads ever.. everyone wants multishot xD)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
You seem to be confusing my wording, I never said the damage can't be changed, and there other ways to multi-shot. Yet, I was telling him the only OE way to do it.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
In dota icetoad uses barrage and he then heals the targeted units by triggers so (it looks like) they are damaged 40%.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
In dota icetoad uses barrage and he then heals the targeted units by triggers so (it looks like) they are damaged 40%.

You have to be kidding me.
-> "heals the targeted units by triggers" - are you serious?
The base ability is Defend, and we all know (except you, I guess), that Defend lowers the damage by a percentage. Sheesh, healing through triggers, right... try detecting that sort of stuff for each target, will ya?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@ ludnica: You actually can detect the damage done to each target by using the Real variable: (Event response: Damage Dealt) and heal accordingly but that's quite inneficient.

roXplosive

Reaction score
Well the healing stuff is quite ineffective and also if you won't write 1000 lines of code your spells damage will be reduced and items that cast stuff on the target will get their damage reduced too (item chain lightning) . I asked on the DA forums and got a weird answer that the skill is based on Defend .

1. Make yourself an activable/deactivable skill based on defend (most values are standard here)

oO . Looked into Defend skill :
- Data -Attack Speed Factor : default 0
- Data -Chance to Deflect : set it to 0
- Data -Damage Dealt : set to desired value (default is 1.00)
- Data -Damage Taken : set from .5 to 1.00 (I think damage from ranged attack)
- Data -Deflect Damage Taken Piercing 0.00
- Data -Deflect Damage Taken Spells 1.00 (WTF??)
- Data -Magic Damage Reduction 1.00
- Data -Movement Speed Factor 1.00

2. Make a multishot ability .
3. Make a trigger that activates when you turn defend on and adds multishot to the hero (command string "defend") and remove multishot when you deactivate defend ("undefend" cmd string). You can use identical icons for multishot and defend .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.