How to reserve item slot?

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
Trigger wise how can i reserve an item slot for a specific item.. so basically you can have max 5 items in your inventory until you pick up the specific 6th item.

Any ideas?

Please and thank you

Ph[o]bia

Reaction score
Trigger wise how can i reserve an item slot for a specific item.. so basically you can have max 5 items in your inventory until you pick up the specific 6th item.

Any ideas?

Please and thank you

The start could be like this,(I don't know if it will work)

Trigger:
  • Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Number of items carried by (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
    • Actions
      • {...}

Murre

Reaction score
Hey hey, I'm working on your whole trigger. Take it easy :p Just trying to figure a specific part, then it'll be done. ^^
Edit1:
Done with it:

Give items to Heroes
Trigger:
  • Give Item to Heroes
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 21.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- --------------------------- --------
      • Set Hero_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • -------- Unit Group Variable^ --------
      • Set Battle_Standard_Variable = *Your Battle Standard/Flag Item*
      • -------- Item-Type Variable^ --------
      • Set SlotHolder_Item_Variable = *Your 1st - 5th Slot Holder Item*
      • Set Battle_Standard_Variable = *Your 6th Slot Holder Item*
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Hero_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has an item of type Battle_Standard_Variable) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Create PreSlotHolder_Item_Variable and give it to (Picked unit)
              • -------- Adds the 6th slot item, and makes it undroppable. --------
              • Hero - Create SlotHolder_Item_Variable and give it to (Picked unit)
              • Item - Make (Last created item) Undroppable
              • -------- What stands below, will drop the items and instantly remove them. --------
              • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Picked unit) of type PreSlotHolder_Item_Variable) from (Picked unit)
              • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
              • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Picked unit) of type PreSlotHolder_Item_Variable) from (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from Hero_Group
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Hero_Group)

Drop item from hero.
Trigger:
  • Inventory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Battle_Standard_Variable
    • Actions
      • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Battle_Standard_Variable) from (Triggering unit)

This will require you to make two more items, more than the battle standard item. One for the "PreSlotHolder" and one for "SlotHolder" Just make an item that does nothing. :p (copy, paste an item then set all the bonuses to 0 and possibly change to icon to something dark :p)

Edit 2: Done :)

Murre

Reaction score
I finished it now (took me about an hour ._. ), so this is kind of like a bump to make you notice it :p I'm insecure if the "Acquires an item" works if the player have full inventory tho "/

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
Yeah i wont finish tonight it's just too much and i dont want to finish anyway i'm just going to take a break from making it tonight.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.