HTML application keeps opening IE

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Hello, I have a HTA file that after a confirmation box, redirects to another site. My problem here is that when I launch this, the web page loads but then IE (internet explorer) Keeps opening its self up with one line of java script code in the address bar. The windows continue to pop-up untill I close the hta. After a few seconds the windows crash and leave an alert saying

The web page says:

Internet explorer cannot be downloaded

Unspecified error

Close.

The problem came around with the redirect code.

PHP:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Your Page Title</title>
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=WEBSITE"></HEAD>
<BODY>
Optional text
</BODY>
</HTML>

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Have you tried increasing the value of the integer inside content?

gameman

Reaction score
I tried what you suggested, no luck. Though the address bar field changed... It seems to have removed the page script error (Didn't change anything before).

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
One small question - is your default browser Internet Explorer, because I know certain programs or certain file types will open to your default browser.

gameman

Reaction score
I switched it to FF years ago. I read up some and it may be that the site is purely a flash site. Something to do you with calling javascript in the .swf file it self. Although I do not completely believe this is the problem.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I switched it to FF years ago. I read up some and it may be that the site is purely a flash site. Something to do you with calling javascript in the .swf file it self. Although I do not completely believe this is the problem.

Doing some research about HTA, because this is one of the first times I have ever heard of it, I did find most people saying that HTA will really only work in Internet Explorer because Microsoft is behind it. Firefox, and the other browsers see HTA as a security threat for what it can do (read your files etc.). While there was one or two plugins (most likely outdated) about HTA. I did stumble upon some notes by a guy who said he managed to get HTA to work on the other 4 major browsers using "the same mshta executable".

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/992695/htas-use-other-browser-to-host/4857814#4857814

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.