Human worker gather gold from Haunted Gold Mines

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Hi's,
I got a human worker, which can build buildings in a human way, meaning, he got repair ability.

Now I want him to mine gold like the Acolyte, just that he is in the human race.

When he is in the category "Human" I order him to mine gold from a haunted mine it gives me some message, that he cannot haunt from a haunted gold mine. What I can do to fix that is just change the workers race in Object Editor to undead, then he can mine gold from a haunted gold mine, but now he summons buildings, which is the problem. I want both, not either way.

I want a worker to still build buildings in a human mannered way and yet haunt gold in an undead acolyte mannered way.

I have tried changing the "Undead gold mine" to a human building, did not work.
I have tried adding the "Haunted gold mine ability" via a trigger, after a gold mine is built, did not work.
I have tried adding both abilities, "Haunted Gold Mine ability" and "Gold mine ability" via a trigger after a gold mine is built, did not work.

Anyone knows a work-around? Which ability goes where? lol :)

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
I don't know if this is possible using a different unit to start with, but if you just make a custom unit of the acolyte and change everything to human, etc.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
but then he would summon, too
you could replace your unit with another unit which is undead per trigger

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Maybe you could make 2 workers:
Code:
Events:
    unit is issued targgeting an object
Conditions:
    target destructeble/unit of issued order = gold mine (dun know what it is)
    triggering unit is "human worker"
Actions:
    unit - replace triggered unit for a "undead worker"
You could run some loop to check wether he leaves the gold mine if there isn't an event for that.
I'm sure you can do that;)

frozenwind.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
I just had an idea, when you tell him to go to a gold mine, it set's his offset to whatever then play the animation of gold, and add gold to the number of units mining.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>>I don't know
Then why post?...

>>>make 2 workers
Not an option

>>>I just had an idea
Bad idea. Acolyte Harvesting uses "harvest" as string order or "smart". Acolyte harvesting is troublesome.

How close I am, so f.... close, he does stand on the gold mine, and he builds like a human worker, but he does not mine the gold, even though the animation and everything is played.

PS: if you do not know the answer, do not post, at least not in my threads, thank you.
Im harsh? Get used to it.

turok255

Reaction score
You said that he plays the harvest animation right? Well if so give him a buff or somthing while he plays the animation and just add X amount of gold per X amount of time to the owner of the unit with the buff, and then just make floating text that looks like the +X amount of gold where the unit is, Im pretty sure you can move it up slightly aswell to make t look like the real thing.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score

just give the worker ability "Gather (Acolyte Gold)"

I think this should solve the problem.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.