Hunting Simulation Ideas!

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got super bored today, and after watch some Adventure shizzle on TV I decided, what the hell, lets make a WC3 Hunting Simulation.

Backstory is, its a free-roaming (perhaps 2 player Co-op (not sure yet :p )) game where you have to worry about multiple things. Those include:

Food
Shelter (Creatures come out during the night (Predators))
Water
Warmth (Fire)

Whilst trying to survive, your main goal is to reach civilisation. The map will be huge, and you'll have to keep moving to find new things.

What I need from you guys is ideas. Anything you'd expect to see in a hunting simulation, like Traps for example. And also does this sound like a good idea? Would you like to have it as a 2 player co-op (Check my profile for all my 2 player Co-op maps if your wanting some)? And anything else!?

- Duderock101

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
  • You should be given the option to ally with other players, or hunt them down and take their food, water etc. for yourself. But it would be a long game without revives.
  • I presume hunting for food will be a mechanic? Even predators, if you can bring them down.
  • Minor settlements for food, water and shelter should be littered across the map, like indigenous villages. For those who are desperate.
  • Injuries ought to be a mechanic as well. Being injured means food will go down faster, and you move slower than usual.

duderock101

Reaction score
  • You should be given the option to ally with other players, or hunt them down and take their food, water etc. for yourself. But it would be a long game without revives.
  • I presume hunting for food will be a mechanic? Even predators, if you can bring them down.
  • Minor settlements for food, water and shelter should be littered across the map, like indigenous villages. For those who are desperate.
  • Injuries ought to be a mechanic as well. Being injured means food will go down faster, and you move slower than usual.

Only going to be 2 players max :p and they'll be allied. It'll be focused more around survival than domination.

Hunting for food will be a mechanic, predators will steal your food, destroy your traps, and kill you during the night. Prey will be limited during the day as well. I had this idea where prey would spawn around 'Burrows' or 'Dens' during certain periods of time. They'd be lots of dens around the map, but only a few would be active and you would not know which ones. These burrows would then change from an inactive state to an activate state randomly. They also wouldn't spawn prey when your nearby, meaning you need to build traps and place as many as possible ;) (Got the trap mechanism working already)

There won't be any minor settlements, but I might make remnants of humanity (a crashed plane for example) in which you can salvage rare materials.

I love the idea of injuries though! Perhaps certain food may give you food poisoning, increasing your water need. Perhaps you can break your leg when attacked and so lower your movement speed. I love it ;)

deathforge

Reaction score
and when you mine rare minerals your weapon turns into a pickaxe and you hit that place with it.
also when ur stamina which in that case will be mana, in some way, u must rest or u will loose health like 1 per 10 sec.
and when u start ur HERO model will be unarmed, to get a weapon u need to find it, many weapons, pickaxes, swords, bows, daggers, crossbows, axes, spears, staff, and wands, when u pick up the item the weapon appears on your model, same like for armor, e.g. a warrior with arthas model, picks up his helmet, that helmet will appear on his model, etc
also try to make frostmourne as a sword possible to get, after killing the lich king, as he is a survivor, and he will spawn only once.
one last thing, you should be allowed to choose your hero or the hunter, so that everyone has a unique guy, but obviously u choose your race, lol

duderock101

Reaction score
and when you mine rare minerals your weapon turns into a pickaxe and you hit that place with it.
also when ur stamina which in that case will be mana, in some way, u must rest or u will loose health like 1 per 10 sec.
and when u start ur HERO model will be unarmed, to get a weapon u need to find it, many weapons, pickaxes, swords, bows, daggers, crossbows, axes, spears, staff, and wands, when u pick up the item the weapon appears on your model, same like for armor, e.g. a warrior with arthas model, picks up his helmet, that helmet will appear on his model, etc
also try to make frostmourne as a sword possible to get, after killing the lich king, as he is a survivor, and he will spawn only once.
one last thing, you should be allowed to choose your hero or the hunter, so that everyone has a unique guy, but obviously u choose your race, lol

Like the idea of mining ;)

deathforge

Reaction score
thnx, i got that idea from the campaign when u supposed to kill everyone, which are humans, and at some point u see peasants mining, and if u attack them they run a way and their pickaxes disappear

duderock101

Reaction score
thnx, i got that idea from the campaign when u supposed to kill everyone, which are humans, and at some point u see peasants mining, and if u attack them they run a way and their pickaxes disappear

That's actually an animation ;)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
No one has really made animals that you have to use some sort of strategy for in the hunting games that I have played, in real hunting if you attack a wild boar they charge you and you have to dodge them and then you can kill them, to kill a bear you have to have a head start or high ground (depending on the bear), deer run when they hear you and birds fly away, so far all the wc3 hunting just have "oh run here and hit this thing while it hits you for a few seconds" when in all reality thats not what animals do, here are some ideas for animals:
  • Boar - charge, if it hits an object it is stunned for 2 seconds
  • Bear - impossible to kill 1 on 1, need to get range or high ground
  • Deer - if you are seen by the deer or come within a certain range of it, the deer uses a "sprint" type move allowing it to quickly run away
  • Rats - swarm, calls other rats to come from nearby and attack in unity (summons rats out of view of the attacker)
  • Wolves - pack, attack in packs of 3-5

duderock101

Reaction score
No one has really made animals that you have to use some sort of strategy for in the hunting games that I have played, in real hunting if you attack a wild boar they charge you and you have to dodge them and then you can kill them, to kill a bear you have to have a head start or high ground (depending on the bear), deer run when they hear you and birds fly away, so far all the wc3 hunting just have "oh run here and hit this thing while it hits you for a few seconds" when in all reality thats not what animals do, here are some ideas for animals:
  • Deer - if you are seen by the deer or come within a certain range of it, the deer uses a "sprint" type move allowing it to quickly run away
  • Rats - swarm, calls other rats to come from nearby and attack in unity (summons rats out of view of the attacker)

Like the ideas. I've created wolves to spawn and roam the area randomly, disspearing by sun rise. If they are killed by other wild animals, then meat may drop and you can try finding it from the corpses during the day :p

The wolves have the Confuse ability. If you get a pack of them on you, they'll randomly taunt you forcing you to keep swapping targets, and so the pack stays alive longer :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
cool ideas, just dont let it become one of those games where its like "hit this", "now hit this", "now hit it again and take lewts"
Its totally unrealistic and super boring, the best games put huge emphasis on the npcs (dota, gaias retaliation, impossible bosses, the black road rpg, etc)

Aside from hunting, it would be cool if you could make it an open ended play style (auto-generates the map), that would be awesome :D

deathforge

Reaction score
but main thing u should remember is to make hero models unarmed, and if they find the weps their models appear on hero's model + increasing his dmg, to make it realistic

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Cool idea duderock101, I like the idea deathforge and also you should make it so you have to have an hatchet to cut wood faster than hitting it with your hands and each time you hit it with your hand you loose Hitpoints. Also a pickaxe to mine rocks.

Also make the map auto generated (so it's different each time you play it making it more fun to play).

Also make it so you can range animals, as well as different types of weapons (Wooden spear, Stone spear, Iron spear (need iron ingots to make)

This seems like fun and I hope to see it out :).

OMGOMGOMG

Reaction score
Well, it's a simulation to real-life hunting... Obviously, just humans.

Unless it's different buildings for different races (when you reach the end of the game).

duderock101

Reaction score
Well, it's a simulation to real-life hunting... Obviously, just humans.

Unless it's different buildings for different races (when you reach the end of the game).

Only Humans. Might, if i can be bothered, allow you to pick the gender of your character. But at the moment they are just generic male humans.

OMGOMGOMG

Reaction score
Lol, why not add females? Females are quite strong, and if you find the right model you can make them have attack animations. And let 2 players pick male or female :p.

OMGOMGOMG

Reaction score
I got a suggestion to make. Weasels... If you hurt them then they attack you. If you feed them meat or some type of food then you get them as a pet. When they are pets they have 50 HP (meaning the die faster) but have high attack speed. Low attack. If you add wolves then add ravens and make them friendly to each other (Ravens help wolves hunt for prey).

duderock101

Reaction score
I got a suggestion to make. Weasels... If you hurt them then they attack you. If you feed them meat or some type of food then you get them as a pet. When they are pets they have 50 HP (meaning the die faster) but have high attack speed. Low attack. If you add wolves then add ravens and make them friendly to each other (Ravens help wolves hunt for prey).

Hmmm... except the taming ability will work differently :p. And Weasels are kinda a weird creature to have. I've got Rats, Wolves, Rabbits, Crabs. Wolves are very nasty btw ;).

OMGOMGOMG

Reaction score
xD I love weasels (wish I had one).

Also: Wolves hunt in packs of 1-10 (not just 3-5) and together.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.