I have 3 questions...

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hi,

The first question is: Is it alright that, on a computer, to shutdown while a disc is still in its disc drive? Also same question applies to a portable DVD and standalone DVD player.

The next question is: Why does it, when I login onto my computer, the computer logs you back out after a few seconds, is that suppose to happen?

The last question is: Why is it that sometimes when I shut my computer down, it takes more than 2 days, and still going!!! I forcedly shut the computer down...

thanks in advance...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

The first question is: Is it alright that, on a computer, to shutdown while a disc is still in its disc drive? Also same question applies to a portable DVD and standalone DVD player.
----
Yes. That should not cause any problems.

The next question is: Why does it, when I login onto my computer, the computer logs you back out after a few seconds, is that suppose to happen?
---
That is not normal. There is something wrong.

The last question is: Why is it that sometimes when I shut my computer down, it takes more than 2 days, and still going!!! I forcedly shut the computer down...
----
Probably because some programs running can't close. If your computer does not shut down in a reasonable amount of time you should physically turn it off.

thanks in advance...
----

Sounds like you have some problems. You need to go to your control panel, add/remove programs and start getting rid of stuff you dont need. If you dont feel comfortable doing this you should go to your system restore and see if you can do a system restore to some time before you had this problem. If you can't do that you might consider a fresh reinstall of everything. Post back if you have specific questions about what you want to do next.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a lot of problems. Could be virus(es) or lots of crapware. For best results, get a knowledgeable person to reinstall your operating system to make it run like brand new again.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score

Try removing any attached portable devices. I have this problem with my laptop when I have an SD card connected. Disconnecting the card solves this issue.

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
----
Yes. That should not cause any problems.

So, the disc that's still kept in the disc drive when the computer or dvd player turns off shouldn't do anything, like the disc might get scratched upon booting up(either on DVD player or dsic drive on a computer)? So no harm whatsoever if I just left the disc in the drive for when the next time I want to watch it again or just leave in there because I got no where else to stick it in?

---
That is not normal. There is something wrong.

uhhh, what's wrong with it then?

----
Probably because some programs running can't close. If your computer does not shut down in a reasonable amount of time you should physically turn it off.

What programs running wouldn't close? I mean, doesn't the windows have the highest authority to tell, which ever program is not closing as it should be, to shutdown your operations?
----

Sounds like you have some problems. You need to go to your control panel, add/remove programs and start getting rid of stuff you dont need. If you dont feel comfortable doing this you should go to your system restore and see if you can do a system restore to some time before you had this problem. If you can't do that you might consider a fresh reinstall of everything. Post back if you have specific questions about what you want to do next.

Okay, I went into the control panel(wow, there's a lot of stuff to do here...) as you said, then into the add/remove programs thing, got into that, I pretty much removed all the stuff I didn't need(well, hopefully I didn't touch any of the ones that are needed to run windows...) and yet still doing the same thing after that. Well, the login and out problem still there as well as the shutting down for some long period of time is still there.

About system restore, I've heard one friends talking about it, long ago, and he disabled it to save disc space. So I don't think I can do that.

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a lot of problems. Could be virus(es) or lots of crapware. For best results, get a knowledgeable person to reinstall your operating system to make it run like brand new again.

Crapware? What do you mean by that?
yeah, I guess it could be a virus...

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Try removing any attached portable devices. I have this problem with my laptop when I have an SD card connected. Disconnecting the card solves this issue.

Portable devices? I don't have anything that easily moveable by hand unless my printer...pretty heavy, but not too heavy though but I can still pick it up... Oh, it's a Tower or desktop computer, I think, it's either one of them, I hear some people saying the standing lengthways is desktop as well as flat firm on the table or ground as a desktop. I don't know what they're called now...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.