Ideas for tower buffs

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm making a maul, and I have a spell-casting race, and I need at least three buffing spells the towers can cast on each other.
I don't exactly need ability ideas, I need ideas on which parameter of a tower could I increase.
Of course attack speed and damage increase have already been made, so I need at least one more.
Thanks in advance

RedSword

Reaction score
Range increase ? Chance to deal critical hit ? Chance to bash ?

I remember an evasion aura which you could use for crit. hit/bash. If you're good with JASS it might be possible to do it as a buff that tower cast between themselves...

just ideas.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
A buff that allows the tower to move, until the buff wears out, then it drops in place. It would also have a cool down period between buffs with it.

Faust

Reaction score
Range increase is not good because some of the towers are melee...
Bash doesn't fit them either. Nor does AOE attack.
And the towers can move with an ability already :p

But critical strike is good, keep them coming ^^

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Flaming attack, enchants the towers attacks with flames. Each concurrent cast buffs the enchantment. Max of 5 stacks.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Hav a buff that enables attack 2 or a buff that gives them modifide barag ability

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
A buff that allows the tower to move, until the buff wears out, then it drops in place. It would also have a cool down period between buffs with it.

your tower could end up on non computable terrain pathing and end up becoming glitched, some idiots bound to move it into a spot that ruins it.

how bout a temp upgrade for the tower like in bships crossfire 4.32 beta, changes towers attack damage range speed, missle projectile art everything like a brand new tower just same building then have it wear off after 10 seconds. Call it PANIC

Dest

Reaction score
Flaming attack, enchants the towers attacks with flames. Each concurrent cast buffs the enchantment. Max of 5 stacks.

Ooh, like an 'enchant weapon'. You can enchant with any element (fire, ice, wind, darkness, light and earth). Why not? :p

Faust

Reaction score
The armor reducing attack can be fit into the race too.

Anyone has an idea about negative buffs?
What property could I decrease to make enemies an easier target?
Of course slow and armor reduction is already taken.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
maybe like a net type of thing or shackle type of tower attack ability/buff. to keep them nearby for 2.5 seconds etc etc, or maybe your tower can summon a ward of some type whether that ward attacks or perhaps it has a gravitational pull to it.

Faust

Reaction score
Damaging a unit can be done without buffs.
And a shackle and an entangling roots and stun are already used.

Gtam

Reaction score
Hav a lightning buf every x seconds chain lightning randow unit

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
alright im pulling this one out of my ass not exactly a negative buff necessarily but its funny.
You got yo tower, now you have 3 heros battling right around it like in dota, bam use "fortification" instead of fortification Bam use "teleportation" teleports every hero within 700 range of it to a random spot on the map, these spots are already pre decided by where you mark them in the editor, make like 20. now that would be a funny ability and useful, and make breaks so they cant teleport into enemy base.

Faust

Reaction score
@Shark
Once again, damage is a no-go.

@Black
That might be a little difficult to pull out in a Maul game.

Gtam

Reaction score
Beserk buff causes random creeps to attack other creeps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.