Im a good mapper, with no good ideas!

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Ok ive been mapping for w while and im good at it, except i have no ideas what to do. I have like 20 different started maps which were never completed. So im asking you what map do you think is missing? It could be a TD, Hero Wars, whatever else. If you have a good idea what i should make, please post it here :cool:. Also making an AOS might also be a bad idea since DotA already exist. DotA "dominate" the AOS-Style maps. :)

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Oh btw at the moment the "D" word is illegal on this forum as people go an about it...

Mmmm... waht kind of map? TAG! WOOT! :p:D

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I challenge you to make a good Racing Map, like the Azeroth Grand Prix.
If you can (don't take this seriously anyway)

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Open up your first created map, and finish it.
Thats what I am going to do, when christmas holiday comes , which mean, after my exams. Then just chillout with a ton cola and live a mappers life? lolz

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Try making a Custom Melee Map (New races, AI, abilities...) or a TD even better than Blizzard's TD.

remix

Reaction score
Make a map where you have to challenge like in Uthers Party, there is only 1 game like that, like who ever gets the most kills wins, etc.

Opions:
*TTW map
*AoS
*Tag
*Run Kitty Run type map (RKR)

D

dunpealx4

go back to play some starcraft and get some idea from there. i see alot of great starcraft custom games that never appear on Wc3. like
1 Golemn
2 Unit/heroes defense(beside tower defense, why not create units defense like in SC. like 12 ways defense, you can choose your starter defensive units, as you kill more units, you get token to buy more whatever units you like)
3 Air Zone control
4 Bunker defense
5 capture the flag

i know there are more, but thats all i can think of so far. the biggest challenge is units balancing. thats the biggest pain for all map makers, especially arena games.

by the way, dont try to make Canada VS USA like SC, that game is endless. it takes forever. i tried that once long time ago. LOL

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Yes, you're right, balancing 1 hero for my AoS takes a whole day and eventually I change it again as I add more heroes...

The SC idea sounds good!

Naga Captain

Reaction score
Taking a few ideas and a real map:

Make a large town (Not too large, though), create some custom Heroes, chuck in some triggers, some more custom units, and make a Unit Town Defense.

Just a quick idea.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
*Run Kitty Run type map (RKR)

NOOOO SO MANY VERSIONS - Click ME. Just look how many pages start Run Kitty,Orc,Illidan,Mario,Kirby,Other sh!t Run. Way to many versions and then theres Slide Name Slide. All they do is steal the map change name and model of hero and they act like there supreme.

Back to the topic. Finish a map that is closest to completion.

luke20054

Reaction score
I would say improve on other people's idea's or try to make more mistakes, as it tends to be that some of my best idea's were made by accident :shades: Like my most resent idea was having a lightning effect hitting randomly, then 1 added the ability for the lightning to detonate i.e removing mana if struck :eek::nuts: .Check out my map if you want for some rough idea's, Vampirism For The Pro's v0.3 just uploaded it today, although i still have this 1 problem with the server splitting.

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Well thanks for every idea, but since this map is made for the clan, i asked them what they also wanted. And i didnt know almost everyone wanted hero arena. Well then it was just decided! Thanks alot everyone, i hope other people can use this thread to get ideas. :shades:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.