Images//Clones Not mirror image

BlackPlague

Reaction score
I've been trying to make a Time Walk ability that slows down nearby enemies and speeds up the caster, this all works fine, but I want the caster to leave a "trail" of images that look like her and I can't find anything in WCIII Editor that does this.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
use the wand of illusion
give it to a dummy unit (invisible,locust,inventory) and then order your dummy to use the wand

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Another option, which looks pretty good, but takes a bit more work, would be to create a unit that looks like the hero, then periodically create that unit at the location of the caster over X seconds. You can also set the units transparency, animaton (walk is good) and timed life to top it off.

This is a very cool effect and looks much better than the wand, but as i said it is harder, but not too hard.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Wand Illusion wouldn't look clean (cause illusions are color blue, under allied vision), I already requested this, and I've gotten a map from Überplayer, it uses the Fade System, where when the hero walks, he leaves the trail, which fades, (transparency 90%, 80%, so on and so forth). It's a pretty cool effect, anyway, I'll have to find that map, and ask Überplayer for his permission.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Wand Illusion wouldn't look clean (cause illusions are color blue, under allied vision), I already requested this, and I've gotten a map from Überplayer, it uses the Fade System, where when the hero walks, he leaves the trail, which fades, (transparency 90%, 80%, so on and so forth). It's a pretty cool effect, anyway, I'll have to find that map, and ask Überplayer for his permission.

To me the trigger seems really easy if it doesn't have to be MUI...
I don't have the editor here, but it should look like this, right? (The duration in this case is 20 seconds)

Code:
Event: 
- A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition:
- Ability equal to (YOUR ABILITY)
Action
- Enable trigger (FADING)
- Loop 1-200 times
  - Set Variable (TempPoint) = position of (triggering unit)
  IF/THEN/ELSE
  Condition
    - If (TempPoint) is not equal to position of (triggering unit)
  Then
    - Wait 0.1 seconds
    - Create 1 Clone Unit (a dummy unit with the skin of your caster)
    - Set expiration timer of last created unit to 2 seconds
  - Custom Script: Destroy Variable thingy

And have a different trigger for the fading:
Code:
Event
- Every 0.1 seconds of game time
Action
- Set variable (TempGroup) to all units in (playable map area) matching condition (matching unit is of type Clone Unit) and do action:
- Pick every unit in (TempGroup) and do Actions:
  - Set coloring of (Picked Unit) to 100%, 100%, 100%, with ((picked unit's current transparacy)+5)% transparacy
- Custom Script: Destroy Variable thingy

BlackPlague

Reaction score
This seems like it would work, just two things:

First - I don't think the images would face the same direction as the caster, which isn't a really hard fix I guess.

Second - I don't know how to do it but maybe you do, how do you figure up the units current transparency? I looked around a bit and can't figure out an easy way to do it.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
((picked unit's current transparacy)+

Ahhh, if only there was such a function. But Blizzard, in their genius, decided not to provide us with one :nuts:...
I'd suggest making your unit group function sorta like this(Editor not open, freehand)

Code:
Unitgroup - pick every unit in TempGroup
          Unit - Set Picked Unit's Custom Value = Picked Unit's custom value + 5
          Unit - Set vertex colouring of Picked Unit to 100% red, 100% green, 100% blue, Custom Value of Picked Unit transparency
Custom Script:     call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
I remember making this kinda spell in gui for my warden.
Have an array of units,integer and reals to correspond to units current transperency.
I wud recommend to go by sajberhippie's way and make a dummy clone,give it locust,set unit movement to the default movement,and collision size shud be zero.
Also put up a condition to remove the dummy unit when its transperency reaches 100% cuz expiration will kill the unit and play its death animation.
Have and action that actually makes the units animation into running animation or else they wud just stand by there.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.